Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] News from Pokemon Direct 6.5.2019
(Jun 9, 2019, 06:40 PM)Black Waterfall Wrote: Thanks for the tag!

No trouble, good sir. Thank you for your response.

I do want to approach the new games with optimism, for sure. Dynamaxing doesn't appeal much to me at first blush either; but if it helps to shake up the metagame, that's something I'd like to see. Obviously, The Wilds will be popular amongst those who get the games, whether they like the feature or not; considering that's where the Pokémon are. Still, though I don't think it'll be an open-world-type feature like some think, I do like your analogy likening it to Hyrule Field. Either way, I'm sure I'll be happy with it. And finally, yes - more powerful female characters in Pokémon games is always a plus.

As for the Raid Battle feature, I'm hesitant to endorse it because I have reservations about the multiplayer requirement (yes, even though AI teammates will be available). That, and the fact that the Raid system in Pokémon GO (from which obvious inspiration has been drawn) is a total joke. However, it could be that this feature will allow Trainers worldwide (even brand-new ones, who have very little experience with the franchise) to get a hold of pretty much every Pokémon to date; including Mythicals and Event Pokémon. That would be pretty great to see. We'll have to wait-and-see.

I also feel similarly about the designs we've seen, in terms of the starters and Legendaries being kinda homogenous in appearance. I dig Corviknight, but the rest are "OK" at best. In fact, if anything, I feel like we've already (even in these early stages) seen many instances of over-design. The Legendaries, Leon, and even Corviknight itself I'd consider to be overly fiddly design-wise. That Leon... is...... pretty hard to look at; I'll be honest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: News from Pokemon Direct 6.5.2019 - by DrumminBeard - Jun 10, 2019, 03:10 PM