3 37.50%
3DS
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

2DS or 3DS?
Which one should I get to replace my old 3DS that stopped functioning reasonably enough to use anymore. Pros and Cons of each would be lovely ^_^
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
I think that if you don't mind about the 3D and you prefer a cheap Nintendo, 2DS is the best option. However, some people (like me) prefer 3DS rather than 2DS because of the screens' size and the appearance of the console.
Hope it hepled and sorry for bad English. (o^ ^o)
╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Sorry for bad English.
He is right. My old DS lite was okay but I prefer my 2DS. If they were publish at the same time I would buy the 2DS. It is tablet like and, if you don't care about 3D function, cheaper. Here are some pros and cons that I can think of right know. Only for the 2DS though.

Pros:
1. Cheaper (but without 3D)
2. Tablet like
3. Very solid. Mine did fall multiple times and didn't break. And it doesn't have a upper screen that you can flip open. It is solid instead. That means the upper screen can't break.
4. New. This sounds stupid, but you probably never played on one and it is a new experience. Learning new things is good! This sounds stupid to say for somebody that is still on school :P.
5. Just as compatible. Except for 3D, the games don't differen. In my opinion, 2DS is better because the 3D function doesn't excist and doesn't ruin the screens graphics.

Cons:
1. No 3D. I my opinion this isn't a con, but this is usable for everyone and not for me. If you like 3D better, that is perfectly fine Smile.
2. No rerelease. This basicly means no New 2DS (I think). So far that I know, the only thing that difference the "New 3DS family" and the "3DS family" is that the 2DS abd 3DS need a NFC reader/writer for amiibo's. But you need to be interested in them in the first place, so this one is "optional" as well.
3. Solid. This is a pro and a con. It makes him harder to break, but harder to transport as well. I have a case for it, one that is designed for the 2DS. It is almost 2 times as big as a 3DS case.

These are the pros and cons of the 2DS. This is for a part my opinion and I don't have much experience with the 3DS. Maybe someone else on the community can help you with that. My English isn't great, so sorry for that. I hope this helps! Good luck with making your choice! Smile
Is new3DS one of your choices too? Because the extra stick is reaaally nice if you want to play some games like Xenoblades or Final Fantasy Explorers.