Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

3DS Screen
Not sure if this is the place to ask.

The 3ds I'm currently using was my little brothers. Unfortunately the little rascal played with it a few months and has long since abandoned it. I basically bought Pokemon Y and Pokemon OR to play on it along with other games. (No point in buying a new 3ds) but I noticed the top screen feels awfully, loose? wobbly? Either or works. I know the screens supposed to move easier to prevent hinges from breaking and so forth, but I just wanted to ask a few people how their top screens feel? Do they move back and forth with a 1-2 cm diameter? Or is mine just too loose and if so how do I resolve it?

This also happens with the charger. It plugs in fine but moves in every direction while plugged in far far too easily. Like full orbital rotations. Makes me fear I could snap the eternal part of where it charges or something. Idk thoughts?
What you're saying sounds fairly similar to mine, but we could both have messed up units.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
I have an old ds that my sister used to use. The top screen's hinges are broken, but it doesn't affect charging. The only thing it affects it the way I now hold every ds I play; with my index fingers behind the top screen to support it. I'm not sure if it would be the same for a 3ds if it were to break. I did check my 3ds and The top screen can be moved a little, but not very significantly.
Hmmm maybe Im just flipping out over nothing then. I can be pretty OCD about things and every time I open the top screen, I feel like I've just brought it one step closer to death and it makes me cringe a bit. What bothers me more honestly is the charger port. Its just weird thatI can plug it in fine but the charger part itself can still be moved in every direction, but I assume it was made that way on purpose as well.
The hinges in earlier models of the 3DS are horrible. A big thing I have noticed was how people open their 3DS. If you treat the hinge like a flip phone and flip it open really quick then it definitely ruins them. My first model 3DS the hinge by the charger port completely broke but the system still worked. With my new one the hinges are x10 better and don't wobble at all.
I should have mentioned its a 3DS XL. Idk if that changes any thing. But since it isnt a early 3DS model, I'd guess I'm in the clear? What do you think
Same experience here. Upper screen feels a bit floppy, and the charger port too :S
When I first got my 3DS XL, I thought my top screen was a tiny bit wobbly too and I got mine new. It's not too wobbly were my screen would constantly move while playing but I do notice it when I open/shut my 3DS.

I don't get what you get with your charger though. Are you using the official one?
Mine is the same way. Loose hinge and charger port. It's been that way since I've gotten it. I've had it for a year with no problems.
My old DS ( special red Mario edition that I got in 1st grade) has the same thing. One of the hindges broke off, and it still charges but doesn't turn on. I honestly didn't need it anyway, I only needed it for Shadows of Almia which I lost two years ago when I accidentally dropped my DS and the hinge broke. To this day I do not know if it works, but I still have it.