Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Old OU Doubles Trick Room team
Team I made like two and a half years ago, but I've been playing with it recently again on Showdown, and it's still been doing decently well, any suggestions you have to improve it would be much appreciated  :P

[Image: reuniclus.gif]
Reuniclus @ Life Orb  
Ability: Magic Guard  
EVs: 152 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 68 SpD  
Quiet Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Psychic  
- Shadow Ball  
- Trick Room  
- Protect  

The 'mon around which I based this team. He's my main trick room setter and a great special sweeper, hits like a truck due to Life Orb, which it takes no damage from thanks to Magic Guard. The general idea is to lead with it, get trick room up, and do as much damage as possible before the trick room runs out. Psychic is your main weapon, and deals heavy damage to anything that isn't steel or dark. Shadow Ball keeps Aegislash in check as well as opposing psychics like Mega Metagross, Jirachi and Mew.

[Image: ferrothorn.gif]
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def  
Brave Nature  
- Power Whip  
- Gyro Ball  
- Leech Seed  
- Protect

Ferrothorn is a great tank pokemon that shines under trick room, with a pitifully low 20 base speed. I use it as a switch on physical attackers like mega Kang as well as bulky water types like Rotom-W. Its low speed also means that Gyro Ball hits hard against fast mons like Darkrai, Latios, and Garchomp, as well as fairies like Mega Diancie.

[Image: azumarill.gif]
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Huge Power  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Belly Drum  
- Aqua Jet  
- Play Rough  
- Protect

Azumarill makes for a great revenge killer and potential late game physical sweeper. If you get the belly drum off in a trick room, there is very little that can stand in your way. Even out of the trick room, +4 Aqua Jet still does serious damage, OHKOing Charizard-Y, Heatran, Lando-T, Hoopa-U and basically anything else with poor physical defense or a weakness to water.

[Image: aromatisse.gif]
Aromatisse @ Safety Goggles  
Ability: Aroma Veil  
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD  
Relaxed Nature  
- Trick Room  
- Aromatherapy  
- Moonblast  
- Protect  

Following the general rule of trick room teams, Aromatisse is my defensive TR setter. Aroma Veil preventing Taunt/Encore is pretty great, Moonblast is a decent attack to revenge kill or do decent damage against fighting/dark types, but it's definitely situational, and Azumarill or Conkeldurr would definitely be the better choice to oppose Dark types, with Azumarill/Reuniclus for the fighting types. I use Aromatherapy over Heal Pulse solely because I'm not a fan of Heal Pulse, but either would work.

[Image: abomasnow-mega.gif]
Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite  
Ability: Snow Warning  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA  
Quiet Nature  
- Blizzard  
- Giga Drain  
- Ice Shard  
- Protect  

The Mega I chose for this team was Abomasnow, as it deals with Grass types that this team has issues with, as well as providing a solid counter to weather and being a great special attacker. It is also extremely fast under TR, and Giga Drain gives it a decent recovery option. Works very well with Azumarill, as Azumarill can clear out the fire types that wreak havoc on Abomasnow, potentially setting it up to sweep.

[Image: conkeldurr.gif]
Conkeldurr @ Life Orb  
Ability: Iron Fist  
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Def / 80 SpD  
Brave Nature  
- Hammer Arm  
- Mach Punch  
- Knock Off  
- Detect

Conkeldurr provides another solid counter to Dark and Steel types, and works great in a trick room, especially after a few hammer arms. It also has Mach Punch to pick off weakened opponents and still allow you to attack first while TR is down. Similar role to Reuniclus, in that you are just hitting as hard as you can until you faint, allowing Azumarill/Abomasnow to come in and clean up.