Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokemon Moon and Sun: a new market for Nintendo?
As a Master student in Business Adminsitration, I was guessing Nintendo had huge plans for China, since every company wants to sell their products there (from cars to movies).

There is a theory going on french medias, and I think it is viable

I will be using pictures @Justin posted

[Image: xIShlPm.jpg]

This bird could be a Red-crowned crane, a chinese bird (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-crowned_crane)

[Image: V8srasK.jpg]

What Masuda is pointing at could be looking like chinese restaurants

Also, if we think that Magiana will be featured in these games, there is a chinese myth about a lunar rabbit. and the game will feature moon, with Magiana having some rabbit like ears.

[Image: ZsTqn2z.jpg]
[Image: 18.jpg?cfaea8]
the hotel is very similar to the Raffles hotel in Singapore

Yes, Singapore is not china :P but its flag has a moon, while chinese flag has 4 small stars with a huge one (and, the sun is a star :P )

The moon and sun are a huge part of the chinese mythology and astrology. Following the astrology, this could bring some legendaries. They have protecting entities (for North, South, West, East) a water turtle, a steel tiger, a fire phoenix and a wood dragon.

If you add the fact that game would be in China, plus the fact that the game will be translated in 2 chinese languages, it would be the perfect boost for Pokemon sales on the chinese market (1.4 billion inhabitants)

What do you guys think?
Interesting and the four symbols and the yellow dragon being their master would make a cool group of legendaries
Very interesting concept/theory @Apo -- It would seem only to make sense that Pokemon would want to expand their market to an economically popular China market.

I had mentioned in an earlier thread, prior to the announcment (when there was debate whether or not Sun & Moon was real or not)-- that the logos/titles seemed inconsistent with all the past titles/logos thus far.

So that alone in my mind says they are trying to reach a new market/ try something new & different, especially after reading your post about the flags.

Cool post Cool
not my theory tho, just gathered from different sources. But yay I feel like this could be true, especially since Nintendo globally is not doing that well if i remember correctly
Actually, I think this theory is more probably to be true than the Hawai theory, but... how does Pokemon in China is related to the strange souvenir?
(Mar 3, 2016, 03:05 PM)Chocolatte_Banane_Pokemon Wrote: Actually, I think this theory is more probably to be true than the Hawai theory, but... how does Pokemon in China is related to the strange souvenir?

@Chocolatte_Banane_Pokemon the strange souvenir isn't necessarily related to the new games. It could have been a fake hint from nintendo so we would think otherwise.
Great observation! I think this is the best theory so far. It makes sense that they would make a region based off of China seeing as how they're adding two Chinese languages for players.