Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] Anime or manga I should look into!?
(Nov 16, 2014, 01:36 AM)Tazersguad Wrote:
(Nov 16, 2014, 01:01 AM)hikennytran Wrote: I know you said you saw most of the popular ones but have you watched/read One Piece yet?

Haha actually no I haven't! for Christmas I think I want some One piece volumes. Should I read and watch it? just read? or watch?

Definitely READ IT, the anime is great... until the timeskip, after the timeskip the anime becomes unwatchable garbage and I had to drop it. But the Manga is Great though and is definitely worth reading.
(Nov 16, 2014, 02:33 AM)Tazersguad Wrote:
(Nov 16, 2014, 02:05 AM)Rogue Wrote: Personal favorites: Akame Ga Kill, HunterxHunter, and Magi.

Should I read or watch Magi?

Both the manga and anime are great. In general I prefer manga to anime, but you could really do both because the anime is a great adaptation of the manga. Oh and always go Sub... always.
I second Magi, especially if you're into magic, and a setting at the beginning based on Aladdin/ The Arabian Nights. Characters too, Alibaba from Ali Ba Ba and the Seven Thiefs, Sinbad the Pirate, etc. Plotwise, it's good.

You should also try watching Trigun, which is an old anime, the quality is still good for when it's made. A really hilarious and butt kicking protagonist.

An anime of this season, I would recommend Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, please do give it a try, amazing quality, top notched, great cast and characters, interesting concept and setting.

Or you could try Pandora Hearts, there is an anime and manga, anime adaptation has 24 episodes, but manga goes further. If your ready for tragedies and twist that will tie a knot in your heart, then watch it.
I'm a sucker for emotional animes so you should definitely try to watch Clanned, Angel beats or anything made by Visual key.

Also this anime is sort but it will be forever one of my favorites: "we still don't know the name of the flower we saw that day" / Ano hi mita hana no namae o bokutachi wa mada shiranai

I could recommend more animes to you but I don't know which genres you enjoy watching
Honestly if i was gonna recommend anything it'd be code geass, its a couple years old but its still the best I've ever watched. Its got 2 seasons w 26 episodes and it deals with so many different topics on many different levels, also really goooood mecha fighting scenes. It also has a manga but I embarrassingly enough haven't read it yet

For some more recent stuff I'd suggest some that came out this summer,

Similar to code geass, Zankyou no terror or Terror in resonance came out this year. It's slightly obscure, is an original animation by a smaller studio, and only has 12 eps. Its a work of art

For something very light hearted I'd suggest gekken shoujo nazaki kun. its a 12 ep shoujo but all of the iconic character tropes have been swapped to a different gender so it adds a quirky spin on some of the more over played shoujo elements. But its more original because of that and it has some other pretty unconventional moments and aspects

On the vein of a manga AND an anime together I'd suggest Tokyo kushu/ghoul which got an anime this summer as well. TG's animation is gorgeous and the manga makes you fall in looooove with the protag and the rest of the characters by ripping your heart out. Which is a fitting analogy bc the anime and manga are pretty gore-y... Just a heads up, the manga is better than the anime bc the anime as animes do shifts some points around plus its not as far along as the manga obvi which has 140+ chapters.

sorry if this is too long, i got a little caught up...
(Nov 16, 2014, 12:30 AM)Tazersguad Wrote: Huh I am a big anime/manga fan and want to know which ones i should try out! Also I have scene most of the popular ones. I am more of a manga fan so if there is a manga and anime let me know! or just let me know which is better!

It would be easier to help you if you listed the anime you've seen, and the manga you've read.
Hunter x Hunter and Parasyte: The Maxim for sure.
Rosario Vampire is a great read if u can put up with unnecessary panty shots.
Watch stiens gate if your into time travel and stuff like that
Also Another is a great anime if you like creepy whodidit stuff
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
I agree that you should read Rosario Vampire, but do not watch the anime, compared to the manga it is garbage
Rosario Vampire has 2 mangas though.
i recommend reading or watching hunter x hunter, read fairy tail, and bleach is not a bad read
༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽
     ༼ ◕_◕ ༽ Megumi is best Waifu ༼ ◕_◕ ༽
༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽
Three pages of this thread and no mentions of Neon Genesis Evangelion, that i saw anyways. (DansGame)

I would highly recommend watching it, it's definitely not a light-hearted anime, and it's definitely not for everyone, but who knows, you might just like it. That being said, I am a little biased towards it because it is my favorite anime and it did get me back into watching anime. It's only 26 episodes long and a movie that ends the series, so it shouldn't take too long to watch it.