Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend Of Korra
The general plot for book one of LoK is that Korra, the new avatar after Aang's death, begins her training in the art of Air Bending under Aang's son, Tenzin. However, during her training she meets several interesting characters within Republic City while pursuing her interest in a new sport known as Pro-Bending (Pretty much like those Earth Bender matches Toph was in when Team Avatar first found her but with Water and Fire bending added.) Along with new friends she finds new enemies as non-benders begin to cry out in protest, believing they are not properly represented and that benders are treating them unfairly throughout the city.

Book two's plot is...complicated. Essentially Korra and Tenzin seem to be at odds with one another, so much so that Korra no longer wishes to be his student, and returns to the south pole. Strange beings, known as Dark Spirits, begin cropping up all over the world, and Korra's uncle believes he knows how to fix it. Korra and her Uncle then travel to each of the poles, using her Avatar powers to open the doorways into the Spirit World to try and bring balance to the world and heal the spirits that have become dark.

Book three's plot starts off with the aftermath of Book Two being dealt with. Spirits are all over the place and Republic City itself is especially overrun with Spirit Vines and forests, the natural habitat of spirits. Then something is discovered, the aftermath of book two has caused some people in the world to gain Air bending! Tenzin, Korra, and the rest of Team Avatar head out to gather up as many Air Benders as possible to revive the Air Nomads. However, not everyone who gains the power are as peaceful and loving as the original Air Nomads.

Book four is set three years after Book three's ending. Korra has gone missing after trying to recover in the south pole after some...stuff that happened in the last book. The Air Nomads go out looking for her while also trying to aid in rebuilding the Earth Kingdom, which pretty much imploded last book. It's a bit difficult for me to put a general plot together in my head since book four is so deeply tied into book three.

While book one and two weren't the best, they're definitely good to watch. Sadly the creators thought Book One was going to be the only season and towards the end they were told by Nickelodeon "KEEP MAKING MOOOORE. GIVE US MORE MONEY!" and had to quickly edit some stuff at the ending of book one and quickly make some stuff for book two. Book three and four, however, were amazing, and are deeply tied into one another so the story flows pretty well between them. When stacked up against TLA, LoK had a much weaker beginning but so far book three and four are making up for it marvelously. I would heavily suggest not getting too disappointed with book one and two, you should watch it expecting the story to be a bit lacking, but the fight scenes and some individual character interactions are pretty awesome. Book two is...really confusing in my mind. It introduces a lot of things that have never been talked about before in TLA universe, but the character interactions and animation is pretty awesome again. Plus there's a few episodes all about the first Avatar, which is amazing. After book two the story picks up quickly to compare to some of the better TLA stories. As a whole, the show is a little lacking in the comedy I've grown to love in TLA, but the better animation and now the much better story make up for it phenomenally. Go watch it. Now. Seriously quit reading this post, got to nickelodeon's site, and watch it. I think they have all episodes online for free for you to watch.
I've been watching Avatar since the very beginning in 2005. At first I thought the show was ridiculous from the commercials. But I sat down and watched it. Avatar is a fantastic show, holy crap.

Watching Korra is also a treat, too. It's funny, entertaining, informative and knows how to keep me on the edge of my seat. Oh and the music is beautiful. It's definitely a key element to have my eyes/ears glued on the show.

I'm watching Book 4 right now, and I'm pumped for whats to come. Holy crap I'm excited. This will definitely be the more epic finale of Korra than the last 3 combined. VS Amon was okay, VS Unalaq was interesting and VS Zaheer was crazy. I'm excited for the ending conclusion!

What I like from A:TLA is that it focuses on an Avatar (Aang) who is learning the basics of being an Avatar while facing a huge conflict for the entire show.

In The Legend of Korra, we get to experience the post story of Korra learning the basics of being an Avatar. We get a fully fleshed out journey of Korra's life when maintaining balance in the world. Not to mention, we get to see a lot more of the Avatar world that we didn't see from Aang's journey. We got more spirits for example, and its great to touch more on the subject. And lastly, getting new airbenders just increases the shows interest. It was Aang's dream to have airbenders rebuild his culture, and his dream came true. Tear to my eye every time I see Book 3.
The final episodes are here everyone. I'm gonna cry.
Anyone get into the graphic novels? Thoughts? Really wanna get into them.
Just finished book 2, and can not stop watching!
not gonna spoil anything but the last episode of the legend of korra was amazing im gonna miss this show i cant wait for the comic im gonna have to get into them
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Finale was awesome
I got all three books of the last airbender on dvd for Christmas Heart I'll be marathoning it in the near future
I really hope they continue making TLA shows and complete the cycle through the four elements. Next Avatar is Earth, I'm kinda hoping he/she is Bolin's child, but I don't think they'd make the next Avatar be the child of the previous Avatar's friend.
*Spoilers*

Let me just say, this thread just needed to happen. I LOOOVVVE ATLA and LoK and can we just talk about that ending to Korra? Can I just say.... KORRASAMI!!! Holy Raava that ending was beautiful. The idea of three portals is crazy.

I've been a fan of everything Avatar since when the show first aired in 2005. I was always a die-hard Nickelodeon fan, I didn't even know Disney Channel existed till I was like 10. I found out about Avatar by just watching other awesome Nickelodeon shows and watching the trailers for ATLA during the commercial breaks.

I first watched ATLA when I was 5 and didn't understand it at all, I just loved the idea of adventure and seeing dudes shooting fireballs out of their hands. But it took maybe two, three years until I had to re-watch the series and love everything about it.

I'm not hear to discuss much besides that I love this show! And also... WHY IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS GLASS BENDING? There's even sand bending and electricity/lightning bending, but no glass bending. It would be the coolest thing ever!