Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend Of Korra
(Jan 2, 2015, 10:59 PM)LocoLudicolo Wrote: I'm not hear to discuss much besides that I love this show! And also... WHY IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS GLASS BENDING? There's even sand bending and electricity/lightning bending, but no glass bending. It would be the coolest thing ever!

Imagine using glass bending as a weapon though. Sending glass shards at someone like how water benders could use ice shards. But then you could also make beautiful things, intricate stained glass windows and delicate glass sculptures. It's should be a thing. I mean they can bend people through blood bending, surely they can bend glass! :D
(Jan 3, 2015, 01:11 AM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote:
(Jan 2, 2015, 10:59 PM)LocoLudicolo Wrote: I'm not hear to discuss much besides that I love this show! And also... WHY IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS GLASS BENDING? There's even sand bending and electricity/lightning bending, but no glass bending. It would be the coolest thing ever!

Imagine using glass bending as a weapon though. Sending glass shards at someone like how water benders could use ice shards. But then you could also make beautiful things, intricate stained glass windows and delicate glass sculptures. It's should be a thing. I mean they can bend people through blood bending, surely they can bend glass! :D

It would be awesome, soooo awesome. Imagine just stretching glad and making a funnel of colored glass or something. I can't remember his name, but it could be like that one emo Beyfong son who makes metal bending sculptures, except with glass. But what works it be? A sub-sub-form of earth bending??
(Jan 3, 2015, 01:25 AM)LocoLudicolo Wrote:
(Jan 3, 2015, 01:11 AM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote:

It would be awesome, soooo awesome. Imagine just stretching glad and making a funnel of colored glass or something. I can't remember his name, but it could be like that one emo Beyfong son who makes metal bending sculptures, except with glass. But what works it be? A sub-sub-form of earth bending??

I imagine it to be a specialized form of earth bending because earth benders have specialized in sand, after all. Although it would probably take a while to perfect. Similar to how metal bending became a thing, but more deliberate.
Glass bending would probably be an advanced form of lava bending since to make glass you need to essentially melt sand particles. However, I don't think it'd be possible to bend glass once its cooled, without remelting it.
But earth benders can bend solid metal without remelting it
They can't bend solid metal, they bend the imperfections in the metal. It's the reason why they can't bend pure platinum, meaning the same can be said for other metals. If someone made a pure iron bar, an earth bender probably couldn't bend it. Thinking on it now, glass is similar and different at the same time. While being a more pure form of certain elements in the earth, it's contains traces of limestone, soda ash, etc, making it about as impure as probably most metal that Earth benders are able to bend. However, glass is a lot less malleable than metal and earth, seeing as it cannot be bent or condensed without fracturing and becoming...well many small shards of glass.

Hm... I'm not sure whether it can be considered bendable or not. The several sub-sections of bending such as lava, lightning, blood, and metal all seem to have a certain requirements to be bent (bended?). Blood can only be bent when water is present within it and metal needs imperfections.
(Jan 4, 2015, 10:07 PM)Dracorexion Wrote: They can't bend solid metal, they bend the imperfections in the metal. It's the reason why they can't bend pure platinum, meaning the same can be said for other metals. If someone made a pure iron bar, an earth bender probably couldn't bend it. Thinking on it now, glass is similar and different at the same time. While being a more pure form of certain elements in the earth, it's contains traces of limestone, soda ash, etc, making it about as impure as probably most metal that Earth benders are able to bend. However, glass is a lot less malleable than metal and earth, seeing as it cannot be bent or condensed without fracturing and becoming...well many small shards of glass.

Hm... I'm not sure whether it can be considered bendable or not. The several sub-sections of bending such as lava, lightning, blood, and metal all seem to have a certain requirements to be bent (bended?). Blood can only be bent when water is present within it and metal needs imperfections.

Yeah most people seem to forget that detail
(Jan 4, 2015, 10:34 PM)Snoopy Shannon Wrote:
(Jan 4, 2015, 10:07 PM)Dracorexion Wrote: They can't bend solid metal, they bend the imperfections in the metal. It's the reason why they can't bend pure platinum, meaning the same can be said for other metals. If someone made a pure iron bar, an earth bender probably couldn't bend it. Thinking on it now, glass is similar and different at the same time. While being a more pure form of certain elements in the earth, it's contains traces of limestone, soda ash, etc, making it about as impure as probably most metal that Earth benders are able to bend. However, glass is a lot less malleable than metal and earth, seeing as it cannot be bent or condensed without fracturing and becoming...well many small shards of glass.

Yeah most people seem to forget that detail

That makes a ton of sense
Just a thing to think about, to be a lava bender could it be possible that your parents have to be an earth and a fire bender like Bowlin's? Just makes me think.
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

Avatar was good, I would love to see another season that is similar to Aang's Journey it was such a good story line, I want moar Avatar :P