Poll: Is This Mixtape Any Good?
Of Course
Needs Improvement
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[MUSIC] TheAlmightyMixtape
Music 
I Actually Have Free Time Right Now

Recently whenever I've been working and/or gaming I've been listening to a playlist I created of various songs. I just wanted to share them with all of you.

So, here's the list: 
  • ELO - Mr Blue Sky
A true classic to begin with. I'm sure basically everybody has heard this old song by the Electric Light Orchestra. If not, then I recommend you listen to it asap. 
  • Cat Stevens - Father and Son
This one is more relaxing, with a nice bit of guitar and smooth lyrics. It's also the original version of the song, as it was much better than any other cover of it. The lyrics have a fair bit of meaning, too. 
  • Glen Campbell - Southern Nights
Some real classic Glen Campbell (heaven's got some good country music now), Southern Nights is probably my favourite of his songs, and I often find myself humming it when I'm bored. 
  • Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
You gotta love the beats in this one. I know I do. 
  • Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling
A very upbeat piece of music. I'm quite surprised that not that many people know of it, since it was the 'main' song in Guardians of The Galaxy. 
  • Johnny Cash - Hurt
Used in the film 'Logan', with good reason. Both the film and this song are pretty sad. Cash didn't originally sing Hurt, but I prefer his cover of it. 
  • Frank Sinatra - My Way
Definitely one of my favourite songs by Frank Sinatra, it's quite cheery but at the same time not. How does that work? Just roll with it. 
  • Redbone - Come and Get Your Love
Basically nobody I know seems to have heard of this song, which is a shame because it's a great piece of music to listen to when you need something. 
  • Madness - Driving In My Car
I could list loads of Madness songs but I've settled on this one because there is no other song that sums up the British steroeotype more than this, and it's beautiful.

I'm afraid that's my list complete now, I hope you enjoyed it. "Come and Get Your Love" and "Hooked On a Feeling" were both from the Guardians of The Galaxy Soundtrack and "Mr Blue Sky", "Father and Son", "Southern Nights" and "The Chain" came from the second film's soundtrack. Or you could just find them normally. I also apologise that all the songs are fairly old, but I'm not very fond of the modern, mainstream stuff nowadays.

P.S. This will probably be updated as I expand my mixtape. Don't worry.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
The only non videogame song I'll ever listen to is I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys
OU MASTER RACE
Wow classy stuff! Really digging the list. Can't go wrong with some Thundercat though
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
@stephenWITNESS

Huh, true. Maybe I'll find some to stick on
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3