Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] What to watch?
(Jan 4, 2015, 01:51 PM)Vitamins Wrote:
(Jan 3, 2015, 07:40 PM)Xionyus Wrote: There's No Game No Life. I'm not sure if it's up your alley, it's really good. Comparable to Sword Art Online.

You seem to like the more action-y ones though. I'd recommend Black Bullet.

I didn't see you say Hunter x Hunter though. It recently finished and I think it is easily one of the best animes. One of those 'you have to see.' It starts off kind of slow, but once you get to episode 4 or 5 it hooks you in.

Hunter x hunter was one of the ones i forgot my fav season was greed island, not much action but i like how it was planed and thought out

I loved the Hunter Test arc, Battle Tower, and Green Island arc. Probably Battle Tower the most. I'm really surprised with how much I like the Chairman arc. It was a good series that I'm sad to see ended. I wanted to see more of Killua and Alluka.
(Jan 4, 2015, 02:15 PM)Xionyus Wrote:
(Jan 3, 2015, 07:40 PM)Xionyus Wrote: There's No Game No Life. I'm not sure if it's up your alley, it's really good. Comparable to Sword Art Online.

I didn't see you say Hunter x Hunter though. It recently finished and I think it is easily one of the best animes. One of those 'you have to see.' It starts off kind of slow, but once you get to episode 4 or 5 it hooks you in.

Hunter x hunter was one of the ones i forgot my fav season was greed island, not much action but i like how it was planed and thought out

I loved the Hunter Test arc, Battle Tower, and Green Island arc. Probably Battle Tower the most. I'm really surprised with how much I like the Chairman arc. It was a good series that I'm sad to see ended. I wanted to see more of Killua and Alluka.

same, too abd the manga writer is slow Sad
༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽
     ༼ ◕_◕ ༽ Megumi is best Waifu ༼ ◕_◕ ༽
(Jan 4, 2015, 03:40 PM)Vitamins Wrote:
(Jan 4, 2015, 02:15 PM)Xionyus Wrote:

same, too abd the manga writer is slow Sad

I was reading something online that said if the writer keeps writing at his current pace in order for there to be enough content for the show to start again it'll take like ten years.
(Jan 4, 2015, 01:44 AM)Yuoh Wrote: You seem to have a flavor for the slightly "off" or slightly "disturbed." I share your tastes, brother. So let me give you a few of my favorites.

As another member mentioned, Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a messed up subversion of the "Magical Girl" genre, that turns the old, tired stereotypes we know from shows like Sailor Moon, and throws them in your face with a dash of blood and a healthy heaping of heart-crushing twists. It's a dark love letter to some of Japan's most beloved and famous anime titles, and draws inspiration from a variety of sources. Check it out.

If you love mind-blowing and clever writing, dark, unexpected turns, and deep emotional impacts, definitely take a look at Steins;Gate. Over the years, I've become something of a "Anime Snob," in that I am rarely impressed with most anime unless it can genuinely impact me in a substantial and emotional way. Steins:Gate is one of the very few series' that manages to do just that. The first few episodes take some time to wind up, but suddenly, everything begins to kick into high gear, and you are spun into a dizzying journey where the show explores the concepts of time travel, truth, reality, and the very meaning behind human connection and dedication.

Wolf's Rain is another series that isn't really known for its blood or gore, but rather its heart-wrenching sense of longing and dark desperation. I include this show here because on many levels, I find the dire situation of these wolf characters to be rather grim, and frankly, somewhat disturbing. However, it is also incredibly beautiful in not only its art style and incredible soundtrack (composed by the great Yoko Kanno), but for the powerful yearning for justice and spiritual peace that these wolves feel they are owed by birth-right, which humanity has actively stolen from them. It really is a momentous series that should be seen by any anime lover. But be warned. It's got them feels.

Mushishi is difficult to describe. It isn't a horror anime, but has horrifying elements. And I wouldn't solely classify it as "dark" because many of the stories included share an overarching theme of hope and human survival. But it does follow the fascinating and often unsettling travels of a white-haired man who wanders ancient Japan as something akin to a shamanic healer, often coming across people who are infected by beings known as the "Mushi," which exist as parasite-like creatures that regularly infest humans, often inflicting their hosts with seemingly supernatural features, both fantastical and terrible. Many of these stories are touching. Some are sad. Some are hopeful. The series is episodic, strange, and weirdly beautiful. It's a thoughtful, gently paced show.

If you're into the feel of Death Note, I highly recommend Darker than Black. I absolutely love the atmosphere of this series, which takes place in a universe where human beings suddenly begin developing psychic powers, which take a personal toll on their users. Agents, most of which have also developed unique abilities, are dispatched to dispose of these threatening "Contractors" (which are what the psychic-power-havers are called), and unravel the mystery behind their appearance. The show just kind of throws you right into the action, where you are left to piece things together on your own. Many action sequences are awesome. The world-lore is awesome. It really is a lot of fun. My only warning would be that the second season of this series...is kind of miserable. At least it was for me. It had a completely different feel in my opinion, and I just couldn't get into it in the same way. I guess I'm not the only person who feels that way. HOWEVER. The first season is so ridiculously strong as a stand-alone piece that I still highly recommend it.

Those are the best I can come up with on the top of my head! I hope you find something you really enjoy, man!
Props for mentioning mushishi, no ever talks about it and its kind of annoying.
Quote:Props for mentioning mushishi, no ever talks about it and its kind of annoying.

Mushishi is an anime that flies under a lot of people's radar, probably because there isn't really anything loud or flashy about it. Each story hauntingly draws you in, and then slowly ebbs back again at its conclusion. The material is usually thought provoking and emotional on a human level, but it never really tries to M. Night Shyamalan its viewers. Many of the stories don't have strict morals, either. Most of the characters you meet are very flawed. So you're often left to decide right and wrong for yourself as the audience.

But it's always cool when other people even know what Mushishi is! Right on.
Tokyo Ghoul in my opinion is really good. I don't read much manga, I prefer to watch; I just have a solid appreciation for animation so it's more enjoyable to me. I've heard that the Manga to Tokyo Ghoul is much better, but to each their own. It currently has 12 episodes, has great character development, and a dark plot. The second season airs in just a few days. Highly recommend watching it because in my opinion it has the hypest ending to a season that I've ever seen.

Parasyte -The Maxim- Unlike Tokyo Ghoul, I'm positive you'll like this. Much like Akame Ga Kill it has a dark plot. But it doesn't "over do it" like some animes do. Once again, I haven't read it. But the anime is phenomenal, and it currently has 13 episodes. It's caught the eye of just about everyone considering that it's new and still going, which is surprising. It also has the best character development I've ever seen. It also hits some points like Death Note where you can really appreciate how intelligent a character is while balancing a light comedy. Everyone I've shown this to is hooked. Watch it. [:

Magi is also really good. It's like Fairy Tail but it doesn't have as much, well, fan service. It's 52 episodes I believe. Not too much to say about it, if you like Fairy Tail you'll love this anime. Really like able characters and really interesting magical powers/weapons.
(Jan 5, 2015, 04:58 PM)Rogue Wrote: Tokyo Ghoul in my opinion is really good. I don't read much manga, I prefer to watch; I just have a solid appreciation for animation so it's more enjoyable to me. I've heard that the Manga to Tokyo Ghoul is much better, but to each their own. It currently has 12 episodes, has great character development, and a dark plot. The second season airs in just a few days. Highly recommend watching it because in my opinion it has the hypest ending to a season that I've ever seen.

I just started Tokyo Ghoul and it's one of the best animes I've seen in a while. Definitely worth watching
You kids should consider reading Onepunch-Man. It has a very good plot and is simply hilarious. Basically it's about an overpowered superhero who's bored with his life due to being so strong. He considers himself empty, and he's trying to find meaning in his life again.
(Jan 5, 2015, 04:58 PM)Rogue Wrote: Tokyo Ghoul in my opinion is really good. I don't read much manga, I prefer to watch; I just have a solid appreciation for animation so it's more enjoyable to me. I've heard that the Manga to Tokyo Ghoul is much better, but to each their own. It currently has 12 episodes, has great character development, and a dark plot. The second season airs in just a few days. Highly recommend watching it because in my opinion it has the hypest ending to a season that I've ever seen.

Parasyte -The Maxim- Unlike Tokyo Ghoul, I'm positive you'll like this. Much like Akame Ga Kill it has a dark plot. But it doesn't "over do it" like some animes do. Once again, I haven't read it. But the anime is phenomenal, and it currently has 13 episodes. It's caught the eye of just about everyone considering that it's new and still going, which is surprising. It also has the best character development I've ever seen. It also hits some points like Death Note where you can really appreciate how intelligent a character is while balancing a light comedy. Everyone I've shown this to is hooked. Watch it. [:

Magi is also really good. It's like Fairy Tail but it doesn't have as much, well, fan service. It's 52 episodes I believe. Not too much to say about it, if you like Fairy Tail you'll love this anime. Really like able characters and really interesting magical powers/weapons.

Lol i should really update this, i already finished watching tokyo ghoul and finished reading it it was good, but wished it was a little bit darker.

My friends keep telling me to watch Parasyte, and i am going to Smile

Magi i heard about never really looked into it, but i sure will now Smile
Oh and guys thanks for recommending me some animes to watch, but i limited myself to watch anime only on the week end (not my new years resolution) since i watched way to much anime, and also got to get my school grades up by studing.

But keep recommending me some more animes or mangas to watch/read would love to know what the community likes to watch and get to know them better Smile