Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Suggestion - Amended Rep System
Just something I noticed and wanted to put out there for feedback; however, I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to boast or otherwise aggrandize my achievements.  I've hesitated for some time to put a thread together on this topic for fear of drawing ire from the rest of the forum, but I think I've got things figured out to the extent I feel comfortable with it.

I like that we have a reputation system, and that the system benefits those who are active in the community.  However, I think we could think about making the system a bit more granular.  Specifically, I'm talking about establishing some kind of differentiation between how rep points are earned.  To give an example...as a trader and breeder who isn't really involved in the competitive battling scene from a participation standpoint, all my rep points are from people who have gotten what they requested to trade for and were satisfied with their trade.  No problem there.  However, my 35-odd rep points could easily be replicated by somebody hosting a single giveaway, which, no offense to those who host them, aren't quite as labor-intensive, and in some cases may be the result of "extra-curricular" creation or modification.

At present, the only rep points differentiated by our system are those that are given to a user and those given to a thread started by that user; both of these are totaled up to represent a particular user's "Rep" as shown on their profile next to every post.  I propose the establishment of a third category; one that is used for any thread labelled with the "GIVEAWAY" tag.  Now, somebody who wanted to +1 a user hosting a giveaway could either +1 the thread itself (as they can now) or +1 this third category.  In theory this third category would also count towards a total of its own, displayed on the profile, but not connected to the rep total shown in the profile (total of personal and thread-specific reps).  This would allow for a "truer" representation of the time, effort, and community service that went towards earning a high personal rep, rather than just hosting a few giveaways.  

Let me know your thoughts.  

-sandragon13
Be sure to check out my Otaru Regional Fakedex.  Updating regularly with new Fakemon.  Always looking for feedback!
thanks for the feedback sandragon i will definitely look for more diverse ways to gain rep!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv