Poll: Which do you prefer?
Main series games
Pokemon go
EVERYTHING
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Am I the only one who just doesn't care...
Pokemon go is just a skin hack of Niantic's earlier game Ingress so yeah, no wonder it feels nothing like pokemon. I like the concept better than the execution especially in regards to the horrible server service (though that's mostly nintendo's fault).

If you're a pokemon fan that just can't get into it don't feel bad about it. It's hyped up more than it really deserves to be, honestly. It's a decent game the same way pokemon shuffle and pokemon picross are: a fun time passer that play nothing like the main games. :,)
Polemon Go had a lot of technical issues , for example it crashes way more than it should, that needs to be fixed. However, I felt like it have been connecting  and uniting people all across the country so for me I still love the game a lot even though it still haven't  been released yet in my country Smile
it has alot of bugs, much potential. i am not keep on the micro transaction side of it. but thankfully it's not the worst example i've seen of that.
Its cool.. but i'd choose my original pokemon games over it anyday.
It lags and glitches on me a lot, but i think its cool how it makes you go outside (whereas on my ORAS i stay in bed shiny hunting...) 
However I feel like it doesn't really have much to it, you kinda just go running in the middle of the streets where all i happen to encounter are drowzees, I mean yeah there are gyms that you own for 10 minutes until a pack of grown men come and squash me... I wish they added Trading/Breeding since that's all i actually do in Pokemon Games..

And forgot to mention that its not much of a game unless you have unlimited data and a car
well, it might just be for marketing purposes. Everyone has a smartphone, they can get more people to play, more people interested in pokemon, more people paying for future "real" Pokemon games.

Also, mobile games are known to make lot of money. In game sales should be 30% for Apple/Google, 30% for Niantic and 30% for the Pokemon Company. From what I read, the last 10% should be for Nintendo, why? no clue. And the Pokemon Company is 33% Nintendo, 33% GameFreak, 33% Creatures Inc. Nintendo also has shares in Niantic :P

They could just test things for future games or devices, try to make Pokemon more popular (all the hypocrites who called Pokemon players "kids" and who now play it on phone kappa ), or just make money.

Overall I don't undestand the whole hype around it. Especially since there is basically no battle system (just feels like old retro sport games where you had to press buttons as fast as you can to win, RIP fingers), there is no training system, and for a game that is around "Pokemon could be real", the role play kinda dies when you just have to catch everything without thinking a tiny bit.
For someone who is a real Pokemon fan and used to playing the main games, it's super dumbed down and lackluster. It's cool for the social aspect, but when literally you only see two different pokemon , it doesn't REALLY have a battle system, and pokemon can dodge and run away for no reason, you start to feel like you waste your time. I wish they would make it more like a normal Pokemon game where you can raise a team and stuff.
Like, I don't hate Pokémon Go, it just gets really repetitive. It's just walking to Pokéstops and catching the same Pokémon to evolve it. I'm not saying that it's a bad game, I'm just not that interested in it.
It was definitely super exciting when it first came out but it dies out super quick.
well it was fun for a few weeks and after that it was just lame cause you always do the same and just grind. no fun at all.
I honetly am not the biggest fan of Pokemon GO. Makes me sad though, because I had been waiting since early March 2016 (about a week before the Japaneese beta test) for the game to come out. I woke up one day any my brother (who saw all the Pokemon GO memes on IFunny) said the game had come out over night. I got really excited and quickly left my house to go and play. About half way into my walk, I just kinda got disapointed at the game. I mean, I still play it, but I will not leave my house for 5 hours a day just to go play. I still love Pokemon, and I have since i was 7. I just can't help but feel sad for a game that could have been amazing, but was ultaminly killed by broken machanics.