Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Any one using the move Belly Drum? The move scares me :-(
My Hariyama just learned Belly Drum. The user loses 50% of max HP. Maximizes the user's Attack to +6. Watching half of your HP drain away is not the most comfortable feeling...I almost wish I didn't let him learn this move lol. Does anyone have any stratgey suggestions for using this move effectively? Thanks guys  :s
(Aug 18, 2016, 06:15 PM)Upright Wrote: My Hariyama just learned Belly Drum. The user loses 50% of max HP. Maximizes the user's Attack to +6. Watching half of your HP drain away is not the most comfortable feeling...I almost wish I didn't let him learn this move lol. Does anyone have any stratgey suggestions for using this move effectively? Thanks guys  :s

Pair it with a Sitrus Berry to gain 25% of its HP back. Only use it on Pokémon that can't hurt you much (in this case, Dark Types) or that would be scared away by Hariyama (Normal Types, Rock/Steel Types). I'm assuming you're using it competitively.
I completely understand the feeling, if you're using this competitively, slap on a Sitrus Berry and make the HP odd (IIRC), and it should put you back at around a comfortable 75%. However if you're just using this in-game, then I wouldn't suggest keeping it, unless you're overleveled
Here's what I do. I have a level 75 Hariyama with Belly drum, Seismic Toss, Close combat and Fake out. I usually use belly drum at the beginning of a battle that way it doesn't effect my outcome to terribly. The move is not a terrible move, it is a high risk (half Hp gone) high reward (attack is buffed out to max meaning your physical moves will pack a huge punch). I give it a sitrus berry that way when it goes down to half, most of it is gained back immediately. That's what I do but I do recommend to not use it if it is late battle (you have lost at least 3 Pokémon) as at that point you should be focusing on Ko'ing your opponents Pokémon and not of increasing attack. Hope this helps out man
Pokemon trainer since 2004!