Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

BSS Metagame thread
In this thread we disscus the Battle Spot Singles metagame!

Garchomp, Tapu Lele and Mimyu are dominating the metagame in my opinion.
Snorlax @ Figy Berry  
Ability: Gluttony  
Level: 50  
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Recycle  
- Belly Drum  

You can use what ever moves you want in the last slots. I like using Earthquake and Return but I have also used Crunch, Ice Punch and even Last Resort for the lulz. Being 3v3 I find so many people who only use Special Attackers which Snorlax tank or I take care of any Pokemon that can be a threat before setting up a sweep. Intimidate support is also very good. Make sure to bring Pokemon with you that can take care of any fighting types. Also if you suspect stall he isn't a very good option. Never use him if you suspect Haze.

Electivire @ Psychium Z  
Ability: Motor Drive  
Level: 50  
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Meditate  
- Ice Punch  
- Thunder Punch  
- Earthquake

This isn't really that Meta but it can surprise a few people plus it gives me a chance to use Electivire. Tapu Koko is big in BSS and I normally only run into Choice Spec sets. Normally how it works is I switch out Pelipper or use U-turn Choice Scarf Staraptor out of a Tapu Koko and switch into Electivire. Electivire gets a 50% Speed Boost. They normally have to switch out so I use Psychium Z Meditate which gives a 100% Attack boost then sweep. Since Koko set up Electric Terrain Thunder Punch gets a 50% increase in power.

I know it sound's like such a noob set but like I said not many people expect it and Ice, Electric, and Ground hits most Pokemon for super effective damage, or atleast for normal effective damage. He can't kill Shedinja though. You could switch out Thunder Punch for Fire Punch if you want to hit everything for atleast normal effectiveness but not having a STAB kills the set IMO. Also you could use Wild Charge over Thunder Punch but the recoil damage didn't seem worth it for 15 extra power. He can normally tank one strong special attack but a physical hit normally kills him unless it wasn't from a sweeper.