Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[BUILD SUBMISSION] I make good competitive teams.
(Oct 12, 2015, 04:48 PM)Eatable_Cactus_2002 Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 04:19 PM)RebornFX Wrote: Could you make a VGC team based around a Rain core of Specs Surf Politoed, Gastrodon and Ludicolo. It would be cool to see where you take it. I was thinking of having a trick room mode to take advantage of Gastrodon and Politoed's Mediocre/Bad speed, but that's just one idea.

Kingdra
Politoed
Gastrodon
Ludicolo
M-Magnetric
Gyrados (Ice fang, Fire fang, etc)

Sorry dude, this team is kind of awful. The members have no synergy, coverage and the physical:special split is awful. It seems like Manectric was slapped on to try to patch up the huge weakness you have to Electric types with only 1 other immunity and no resistances, which means once Manectric is dealt with (quite easily due to lack of bulk) Electric-types have a field day. It also gets hard walled by common Pokemon like Amoonguss and Cresselia, as well as Ferrothorn.

And for the other team, the fact that you even suggest using Hippowdon suggest you don't know anything about the format, as well as pairing Klefki up with 4 ground types (the fact that you have 4 ground types is worrying enough) which love to spam EQ just suggests you haven't thought it through.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, but I suggest getting more familiar with the VGC format before making teams for others.
(Oct 12, 2015, 05:17 PM)RebornFX Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 04:19 PM)RebornFX Wrote: Could you make a VGC team based around a Rain core of Specs Surf Politoed, Gastrodon and Ludicolo. It would be cool to see where you take it. I was thinking of having a trick room mode to take advantage of Gastrodon and Politoed's Mediocre/Bad speed, but that's just one idea.

Kingdra
Politoed
Gastrodon
Ludicolo
M-Magnetric

Sorry dude, this team is kind of awful. The members have no synergy, coverage and the physical:special split is awful. It seems like Manectric was slapped on to try to patch up the huge weakness you have to Electric types with only 1 other immunity and no resistances, which means once Manectric is dealt with (quite easily due to lack of bulk) Electric-types have a field day. It also gets hard walled by common Pokemon like Amoonguss and Cresselia, as well as Ferrothorn.

And for the other team, the fact that you even suggest using Hippowdon suggest you don't know anything about the format, as well as pairing Klefki up with 4 ground types (the fact that you have 4 ground types is worrying enough) which love to spam EQ just suggests you haven't thought it through.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, but I suggest getting more familiar with the VGC format before making teams for others.

Could now have said it better myself
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(Oct 12, 2015, 05:19 PM)MudkipLegend Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 05:17 PM)RebornFX Wrote:

Kingdra
Politoed
Gastrodon
Ludicolo
M-Magnetric

Could now have said it better myself

I'm now helping him instead via PM. you're right mudkip saying you're good does not make you good :-P
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
I can make good teams!!11!!11

Sand team: Tyranitar, M-Kangaskhan, Amoonguss, Cresselia, Thundurus, Landorus-T

Rain team: Politoed, M-Kangaskhan, Amoonguss, Cresselia, Thundurus, Landorus-T

Sun team: M-Charizard, M-Kangaskhan (double mega ofc), Cresselia, Thundurus, Landorus-T, Aegislash

Hail team: Abomasnow, M-Kangaskhan, Heatran, Cresselia, Thundurus, Landorus-T
(Oct 14, 2015, 01:44 AM)GMX Wrote: I can make good teams!!11!!11

Sun team: M-Charizard, M-Kangaskhan (double mega ofc), Cresselia, Thundurus, Landorus-T, Aegislash

I think I see a recurring theme here...hmmm
No but this is sadly what you see nowadays :/
(Oct 14, 2015, 01:44 AM)GMX Wrote: I can make good teams!!11!!11

WOW THESE ARE REALLY GOOD TEAMS
CAN I STEAL THESE?
LOVE THE DOUBLE MEGA IDEA
ESPECIALLY SINCE ILL ONLY USE KANG DESPITE HAVING ZARD
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
CHECH OUT MY TEAM! SOO GUD!
primal groudon, primal kyogre, shaymin, ho-oh- Mewtwo-Y and bidoof!
such OP very stronk.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
What the other members said plus this isnt a build submission.... so it isnt really a build post, and teams need synergy, like rain shouldn't have gastrodon.... thats kinda.... idk ruining the point of ludicolo's speed boost if it cant even scald...
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Oct 14, 2015, 01:14 PM)podfighterninja123 Wrote: What the other members said plus this isnt a build submission.... so it isnt really a build post, and teams need synergy, like rain shouldn't have gastrodon.... thats kinda.... idk ruining the point of ludicolo's speed boost if it cant even scald...

Politoed, Ludicolo and Gastrodon weren't intended to all be brought to one battle. The idea behind Specs Politoed and Gastrodon was to allow Politoed to freely go for a rain boosted Surf, acting similarly to specs Sylveon while boosting Gastrodon to +1. Ludicolo was just added to abuse the rain when Gastro wasn't brought. But tbh I forgot about Storm drain preventing Ludicolo's Scald, I hadn't tested the core at all and just wanted to see what the guy who makes 'good competitive teams' could come up with.
(Oct 14, 2015, 12:36 PM)Rogue Wrote: ESPECIALLY SINCE ILL ONLY USE KANG DESPITE HAVING ZARD

That's exactly the purpose.