Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[BUILD SUBMISSION] Lycanroc Moveset- support (stealth rocks/ taunt)
So, Lycanroc on paper sounds like both a terrriable yet perfect support. Some only consider Lycanroc as a glass canon sweeper, what with it's crippling defense & special defnese stats and high speed and attack. But it's speed is really for a kind of few turn support set up then die kind of thing. However, it's high speed could let it set up and paired with the right Pokemon, Lycanroc is pretty awesome.
*insert image of Lycanroc midday form here*
Type: Rock
Weakness: Water(x2) Ground(x2) Grass(x2) Steel(x2) Fighting(x2)
Resistances: Fire(x1/2) Normal(x1/2) Poisoin(x1/2) Flying(x1/2)
Abilities: Keen Eye- This Pokemon's accuracy cannot be lowered | Sand Rush- This Pokemon's speed is boosted in a sandstorm |Hidden Ability- Steadfast- This Pokemon's speed is raised every time it flinches

Base Stats: 75 hp/ 115 attack/ 65 defense/ 55 special attack/ 65 defense/ 112 speed

The set: support stealth rocks setter

Lycanroc @ Focus stash/ Quick Claw

Ability: Steadfast
EV's: 255 Speed, 255 attack
IV's: 0 def./spdef./sp.attack
Jolly nature

-stealth rocks
-taunt
-accelerock/swords dance
-stone edge/protect

I don't really think the EV's are weird, their just to be sure you outspeed most mons. I think this guy is better than Aerodactyl, because at the moment Tapu koko's are everywhere, and not being weak to SE electric hits is pretty important, even though a neutral modest Tapu koko thunderbolt will for sure OHKO you if you don't have a focus stash, but this guy still has potential. Though an adamant Garchomp will, again, OHKO you without focus stash, you will out speed it, getting you two turns. The main strat with this guy is simply get those stealth rocks and taunt set up. Pretty basic.

As for items, I already explained how helpful focus stash is, and quick claw is if you wanna take a gamble in case of Tapu koko. Overall, I'd say focus stash is WAY more valuable than quick claw in this scenario, as you guarenteed at least one turn.

*I don't feel the need to list def. calcs, as lycanroc pretty much goes down to everything in one hit without it's focus stash.*

252 Atk Lycanroc-Midday Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 90-106 (61.6 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Lycanroc-Midday Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Muk-Alola: 100-118 (47.1 - 55.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Gluttony Figy Berry recovery 252 Atk Lycanroc-Midday Stone Edge vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 76-91 (38.9 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery ( Pretty much 2/3HKO)

If your wondering why I have suggested Swords Dance and Protect, it's because this Pokemon is ment as a support mainly for Skarmory (so it can help Skarmory, I guess?)  that has Spikes and Whirlwind, so this is mainly ment to help Skarmory with that. Pokemon that have gravity also help this pokemon against mons who would be immune to stealth rocks.

The Pokemon that this mon really fears is a rapid spin Ferrothorn. If you see this guy, your Lycanroc basiclly is useless. Levitating pokemon and pokemon that float on airballoons basiclly have zero effect unless gravity is up.

EDITORS NOTE: Sorry if this guide seemed really beginner-ish, this is my first year competitivly battling and I just wanted to try and help people like me who are new to this whole thing and don'tunderstand it. I didn't leave much calcs, because I don't really know the meta and I was to lazy to check the Global Link, which literally tells you the 30 most used pokemon online.
I already made a very similar build that is more complete on Lycanroc here http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-SMOGON-...er-Sweeper?.

This thread will now be closed.