Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[BUILD SUBMISSION] My Alolan Golem for trick room
Looking to perfrect this guy, open to any feedback.
I built him for trick room doubles teams, the STAB electric explosion...
He works ok in singles too.
Gyro ball is also nice, absolute minimum speed.
Thunder Punch is nice to give him a second electric move. I've swapped this out on occasion with Return or Volt Switch.
Basically the Focus Sash lets him keep his sturdy, while also taking advantage of Glavanize.
Weakness Policy just shuts people down.

[Image: golem-alola.gif]
Golem (Alolan) @ Focus Sash\Weakness Policy
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Punch/Volt Switch
- Explosion
- Rock Slide

I'm assuming you want to improve the set...

Ideally in Doubles you want to run Protect to defend against opposing hits that can OHKO you or CC (crowd control) you. Gyro Ball isn't a good option because without getting STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) from it, the move does little to no damage.

Weakness Policy is a bad item choice because in most cases, Golem won't be living a super effective hit, especially a Ground attack.

Invest more into his attack stat and spread the EVs to cover his low Special defense and his HP stat to make him more bulky. To EV it, use damage calculations against Pokemon that threaten it like Tapu Fini, Arcanine (Close Combat), Kartana and so forth.

Golem-Alola @ Magnet
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Return
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
[Insert signature here]
Both Golems are 2 of my favorite pokemon ever

For a Brave  Alola Golem I recomend:

EV: Att 252  HP 252 (SpDef if you want to ballance out his defenses)

If you invest in SpDef, an Assault Vest wil completely fix G's bunk SpDef stat. However Running doubles without Protect is risky (but possible). Earthquake is G's biggest threat with a 4x weakness, so It may be safer just to in vest in HP and go with a Focus Sash. 

If you have galvanize, I would lead with your trick room setter + tapu koko. Set TR + Have Tapu Volt Switch out into Golem with an Iron Ball. With Iron Ball Golem will be slower than everything that doesn't also have an IB and is mega slow. The STAB and Electric Terrain Boost will make moves like Double-Edge, Explosion, Facade, Return, and even Thunder punch real serious. Focus Sash still a good option too. Either Way IB or FS will still let you have access to protect. 

I feel like Weakness Policy is too dangerous without Sturdy. Most Special Water, Grass, and Fighting attacks woud take Golem out. Although with Sturdy, WP is wonderful choice for golem and makes Discharge viable. 

PS. Will you trade me a Female Galvanize Golem? I can give you a Mawile or Dragonite with HAs and good EMs.
@Billstock Sure I can definitely send you a female galvanize geodude. or i can level him up to graveler if you want. then you get the golem by trade.  a mawile would be awesome, since i dont have the pokebank, and we all just got the megastone...

Also thanks for the pointers guys. i kinda knew my build sucked, thats why i posted here. although i still don't wanna knock off his gyro ball. even w/o STAB it (usually) has 150 power, and OHKOs tapus. I've swapped rock slide for protect now, and i've given him the FS.