Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[BUILD SUBMISSION] Rate My Team
Hey guys, I am asking if you can rate my team, and maybe tell me on how I can improve. To start, I will be using this team for a tornament, and the rule is I can use Pokemon in the Melemele Island Pokedex only. If you are unfamiliar with the Melemele Island Pokedex, then here is a link: http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/melemelepokedex.shtml

Anyways, I was not able to properly test my team on Showdown due to other people using different Pokemon that are not found in Melemele Island, let alone Sun and Moon. Although, I was able to get somewhat of and idea of my team. With that being said, here is my team, and my breakdown for it. Also, the format is OU, so Megas and Z moves are aloud. Also as a side note, Tapu Koko is not aloud.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Encore
- Shadow Ball

To start it of, I have me Mega and Speedy Speacial sweeper Mega-Alakazam. Keep in mind the only other Mega choices i get for this tornament is Mega-Slowbro and Mega Gyarados. Mega Alakazam has very high Special Attack and is able to outspeed most things, thanks to it high speed. Mega-Alakazam's weakness though is that it is a glass cannon, with 55 base hp and low defense and mediocre Sp. Defense. Mega Alakazam makes a great revenge killer, and after a setup, Mega-Alakazam has the chance to sweep a team As for it's moveset, Psychic is there for a good STAB, Focus Blash is to deal with dark types quickly, Encore to mess with walls like Chansey, and Shadow ball to deal with other Psychic types. There is not much more to be said about mega Alakazam, so I'm going to just move on.

Arcanine @ Firium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Protect
- Close Combat

With Arcanine's good Attack, decent bulk, and over avarage speed, Arcanine can be deadly. With a Firium Z, Arcanine can get a powerful stab and do criticle damage. With an Adamant Nature, it will get a boost in Attack and a meanenless drop in SpA. Flare Blitz is for a deadly stab, Wild Charge to take care of Water Types under half health, Protect to scout out incoming attacks, and Close Combat to take out Rock Types. There is not many fire types to chose from, the only other one being Incenderoar, but with the choice of Arcanine and a Z move, Arcanine will be able to to massive damage to most oposing enemies.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Toxapex Is a great tank in both Physical and Special Defense. It seems to have trouble with Psychc and Ground types, but otherwise, it a annoying tank. The Black Sludge allows it to heal overtime, along with it's ability regenerator. Haze is good for messing with sweepers that need a set up, Recover to stall, Scalad to have a chanse of getting a burn, and Toxic Spikes for Setup. Many Pokemon will have trouble getting through Toxepex's incredible bulk.

Sableye @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 192 Atk / 212 Def / 104 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out
- Recover

Sableye is mainly meant to mess with Physical attackers. It's unique typing is great, making it's only weakness fairy. Will-O-Wisp with Prankster is sure to make people cry, with Sucker Punch getting a quick kill, Fake out for a safe bet, and Recover for healing.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone is the only Avalible steel type in the Tourney, So I thought that Magnet Pull would probably be useless, so I got Analytic, which give a Attack power increase thanks to its bad speed. It's moveset complies of Magnet Rise to lose it's 4x weakness to ground, Hidden Power Fire for grass coverage, Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt are meant for good STABS.

Whiscash @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Whiscash was a very unusual pick for a team. I mainly only picked it because I need Eletric Coverage, and the only other Ground type availible was Alohan Dugtrio, who would get destroyed due to its bad typing. Wishcash is mainly a Bulky Physical attacker. It has very mediocre stats just barely passing. Its moveset is Rest and Sleep Talk for recoverary, and Earthquake and Waterfall for Stabs

Anyways, this is my team. I am always open to suggestions on how to improve, so please let me hear your thoughts. Remember, Melemele Island Dex Only. Anyways, thanks in advance for the feedback.  :D
This team's composition is strange where the focus of this team matters. Alakazam is used to clean up Pokemon that have taken prior damage, but as it relates to the rest of the team, most of these Pokemon get outsped by hard hitters such as Gengar, Salamence, A-Dugtrio and opposing offensive Arcanine. There isn't a defensive core that is able to take hits from these Pokemon either as you have no checks to Ghost, Dark or Ground attacks and your Flying/Dragon check is eliminated by Salamence's Earthquake. The main flaw is type synergy and since this team leans more towards a Balanced playstyle, in the end this team will most likely get ran through

Sucker Punch on Sableye is unheard of and what you need it to achieve isn't broad enough to warrant using it in place of a more superior move - being Knock Off; Knock Off removes held items which is crucial for slowing down sweepers, walls and tanks. It also does more damage when first used, coming off at base 97 power. Protect on Arcanine isn't needed and the slot is best used for Extreme Speed for priority against faster threats. The Magnet Pull gimmick on Magnezone is too situational and Magnezone can be easily forced to switch by any Fire or Fighting type

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Encore

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out
- Recover
- Knock Off

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Mandibuzz (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is just changes I would make to allow Alakazam to be more effective. Sableye can run more defensive EVs to be more of an annoyance, Chansey is added for Stealth Rock as well as to be a cleric and do good chip damage with Seismic Toss (and it has ridiculous Sp.Def which is great too), Mandibuzz serves as a hazard remover and can use Foul Play to do serious damage to Psychic and Ghost as well as strong Physical attackers and a Choice Scarf offensively based Magnezone deals with Fairy easier as well as outspeeds most bulky Water types
[Insert signature here]