Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Band!
Are anyone here percussionist in their high school band or do you guys play any type of instrument?
If so, what do you play? And for how long have you been playing it?

Im currently in my High School band. This is my first and last year of being in it.
I took a class that they offer where they teach you how to play any instrument and show you how to read music last year. (My Junior Year)
I choose the percussive side of band!
At the end of the year you would have a concert to play in.
The summer of 2014 I participated in our schools Marching Band also which was so darn fun! Got 1st place finishes a couple of times!
Just recently I have also been taking lessons from my instructor on how to play a drumset.
I LOVE THE DRUMSET SO MUCH!!!!!!!
Justin knows how fun it is to play it.
I was in band for five years in school! I played the clarinet but almost switched to percussion quite a few times. Marching band was definitely my favorite part of high school (I did colorguard)! Besides that I took some guitar and drum lessons and I just started renting a violin! It's great finding other people who enjoy band because it's such a rad experience.
I played guitar for 10 years now i think, coming with it, i also play ukulele and bass guitar.

Me and my friends then started playing in a band (i played bass guitar) and we had a few concerts at school and other occasions
I then started singing in background in the band and for myself and got myself a drum-kit to jam around on, because it also is loads of fun to play.

We still play together, but don't have as much concerts anymore, because we dont have that much time anymore.
I play the bass guitar, mainly. I was in an indie/soul/pop band for a while but we split up when we all moved out of town.

I haven't played for real for quite a while, I kinda miss it.
I play the geee-tar, and have been for... ~14 years? I think? Taylor acoustics are the way to go.

If anyone has a good ear for music though, I recommend you try the piano. Most satisfying instrument I've ever played, and so much of it seems intuitive once you're used to doing two different things with your hands at once. Plus you'll look incredibly classy when you're 65 and you have a baby grand in your living room.
I played my Alto and Bari Saxophone since fifth grade now.
Yeah I'm in my highschool band. I play oboe
That's what all the cool kids play nowadays kappa
I'm Umbreon, the nocturnal member of #TeamForum
Those well-practiced in the art of deceit may find themselves welcome to join me on Town of Salem...
I played drums for about 4-5 years. I'm somewhat self taught, because My first teacher had to stop teaching me when he got a new Job (Being a drum teacher wasn't his Job by the way, he was like a family friend and taught me when he had some free time), and my second teacher, who was my brothers friend, was going to university which meant he couldn't teach me anymore, So I still played by myself and actually bought a book to teach myself, but the drums I had were entry level, and I didn't really like the sound of them (And I'm sure my neighbours didn't either Kappa) Anyway, I stopped playing them, but I do intend to teach myself from the beginning again
I played trumpet in middle school through high school. So what, 7/8 years? Played french horn one of those years, but didn't really like it.