Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Battle Spot Doubles: Angry Point Primeape team
I need some help completing my Anger Point Primeape team.  I’m open to all changes and comments.  I could use all the help I could get Thanks for your help

Primeape @ Lum Berry 
Ability: Anger Point 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Close Combat 
- Ice Punch 
- Gunk Shot 
- Rock Slide

Angry Point is probably when of the more unique abilities in the game.  Once this Primeape gets hit by a critical hit this ability gets triggered and its attack gets maxed out.  As soon as this ability gets triggered this Primeape OHKOs everything.  Now most people run a Choice band with this kind of Primeape, but with all the weaknesses that Primeape has I needed to freely choose my moves.  Furthermore I found that Primeape was a big target for moves like confuse ray and thunder wave so having a lum berry is a huge help.  [1]Close Combat: under anger point Close Combat could shut down a lot of teams by this one move.  It could OHKO Mega Kang as well as shut down excidrill and Tyranitar [2]Ice Punch surprisingly a strong move on Primeape with this it could OHKO and outspeed most dragons that threaten this team like Garchomp[3]Gunk Shot is here to simply shut down fairies.  Depending on the type of Sylveon the opponent is running I could out speed and OHKO it as well [4] Rock Slide: I originally had Stone Edge in this slot but I kept on missing with it.  I wanted something that could hit both of the opponents Pokemon and Rock Slide also may cause a Pokemon to flintch. 

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash 
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Frost Breath 
- Destiny Bond 
- Thunder Wave 
- Taunt

Froslass is on my team for two reasons number one its Frost Breath triggers Primeape’s Anger Point ability.  Once it hits my Primeape it plays support from there.  The reason for focus sash is due to the large amount of weakness that Froslass has and if they shut down me turn 1 I could still get off Frost Breath on my Primeape.[1]Frost Breath is obviously there to trigger my Primeape’s ability [2] Destiny Bond since I’m running focus sash I want to make my opponent change their attention to my other Pokemon so I could continue to use Froslass as support. [3] Thunder Wave is there to slow down the opponent especially if they have a Pokemon that could either out speed my Primeape or do some damage.  Froslass generally is the first Pokemon to move other than a priority Pokemon.  [4]Taunt is there to shut down all of the pranksters and status Pokemon out there I needed a move that could help Primeape or another Pokemon that could be a target for status damage.     

Talonflame @ Life Orb 
Ability: Gale Wings  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Tailwind 
- Brave Bird 
- U-turn 
- Flare Blitz

Since Primeape isn’t the fastest Pokemon in the meta I needed a Pokemon that could change the order that Pokemon move.  That’s why I decided to have a tailwind Talonflame.  Under tailwind Primeape could out speed Garchomp, Charizard X, Charizard Y, Sylveon and many other threats that Primeape faces.  Talonflame is also there to scare the opponent, I find if I lead with Talonflame Froslass the large majority of the time I get a double protect or a swap.  Everyone expects this Talonflame to be have a choice item then brave bird.  Life Orb still gives me the ability to set up Tailwind as well as be able to freely choose my moves. 

Glaceon @ Choice Specs 
Ability: Snow Cloak 
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA 
Rash Nature 
- Blizzard 
- Ice Fang 
- Shadow Ball 
- Water Pulse

Since this is a tailwind team I needed a Pokemon that could shut down and destroy dragons that’s why I have Glaceon.  I could pair Glaceon up to lead with Talonflame or have it in the back to finish up the remanding Pokemon.  With Glaceon under Choice Specs it deals damage like crazy and since it out speeds I find that even if I don’t play it the majority of the time the opponent still plans for it.  [1] Blizzard is there to deal a large amount of damage to both the opponents Pokemon especially under specks [2] Ice fang is there for the flintch chance [3] Shadow ball is there to deal with Aegelash and other ghost pokemon [4] Water Pulse is there to out speed fire types and land a devastation blow. 

This is where I’m having trouble figuring out my final 2 Pokemon.  I can’t seem to find a balance that could work for me. 

Swampert @ Swampertite 
Ability: Torrent 
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD 
Adamant Nature 
- Power-Up Punch 
- Waterfall
- Earthquake 
- Protect

Swampert is a bulky tank it has so many resistences with only grass and it has the immunity to electric moves.  I want this Pokemon to be able to hit hard and make this hard to work around [1]Power-Up Punch is there to help raise this Pokemon’s attack.  Under Swift Swim Swampert is one of the fastest Pokemon in the game if I could out speed and deliver a devastating hit I’ll be happy with that.  [2] Waterfall is one of the many stab moves that Swampert gets plus it may cause the opposing Pokemon to flintch [3] Earthquake is there as my other stab moves and its also there to quickly deal with annoying fire types as well. 

Sableye @ Leftovers 
Ability: Prankster 
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def 
Lax Nature 
- Rain Dance 
- Fake Out 
- Quash 
- Shadow Ball

Since Primeape gets out speed a lot I wanted another Pokemon that could be a great support for both Primeape and Swampert.  Sableye not only sets the rain so my Mega Swampert could use its swift swim ability, I’m also running Quash on the Sableye which will help with my whole team.  Fake out is there to shut down any kind of Pokemon and Shadow ball is there for stab. 

I’m not sure on the last few slots I thinking of changing out Swampert for maybe a Mega Metagross or a Mega Scizzor still kind of playing around with it.  Tell me your thoughts anything will help me out thanks guys.
I am not an expert as you in competitive area but this seems very balanced. I think it is okay