Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Breeding Q&A: All Your Curiosities Answered!
@Corrosion2424

Breeding for HP, regardless of Shininess, depends on getting the stats to add up to a certain range of numbers. In your case specifically, the spread will look something like this:

Grass:
  • 30/31/31/30/31/31
  • 31/30/31/30/31/31
  • 30/30/31/30/31/31
  • 31/31/30/30/31/31
  • 30/31/30/30/31/31
If you're going for a Carvanha, I'd say the second would be the best bet. 31/30/31/30/31/31. All this spread means is that instead of breeding for 31 IVs, you're breeding for 30 in Sp. Atk, and then any even number between 0 - 31 for Atk. The only reason 30 is shown is because that's the highest possible number. But 28, 26, 24,...so on, will work just as well.

For Shininess, just breed the parents with the proper stats for HP - Grass, make sure one is foregin, and just hope and pray that the 1/683 chance of your pokémon being Shiny also happens to have HP - Grass stats too. It's really all luck at that point.

Hidden Power breeding is very complicated, and I could easily make a whole other post about it. But I hope this shorter version helped you out. Smile

@Reis Could you please elaborate? I don't think I understand what you're asking, Reis?

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

@0kamii  ok thanks , I think I understand now
Thx Okamii this this really helped clear up some of the suspicion i had about breeding iv'e also been breeding since 2016 whether it's for shine's or ivs i can breed mons with 5 - 6 ivs at best also i got alot of free time on my hand so i don't mind joining the guild if possible so i can help spread what little info i know to the community Big Grin
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
@iimlF4nT4Sy I couldn't help but notice you need help with a Trick Room team (don't worry, @0kamii ,I'm not trying to steal your thunder, you made this thread,  not me), and I just finished a Trick Room team myself, and boy, do I love it! Trick Room has to be my favorite strategy. So, what questions do you have? I'd be happy to help! Big Grin
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
@Sharkfang2193

I wish you and @FireTaco the best of luck in your entrance exams. It will be timed, and your tests will be completely individualized, so I suggest you start building up your collections now. I'm going to ask you to breed 1 of the possible 800 pokémon, minus legendaries and mythicals, of course. They're going to have specified Natures, Abilities, IVs, and even Egg Moves. So again, just be prepared. It's a very daunting task to breed something impromtu, but I think you're both up for it. Smile

@RetroTyphlosion

Oh, don't worry about stealing my thunder. If you can help, please do. That's what the forum is for! By all means, throw in your words of wisdom.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder