Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Building your team
So I spend a lot of time on showdown to try and get a team that I like - but the process of actually building them in X/Y is quite tedious. How many of you actually have built your teams legitimately? How long did it take?
I've built a few. It does take quite some time, but 6iv dittos make it a lot easier.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Nov 10, 2014, 01:55 PM)Justin Wrote: I've built a few. It does take quite some time, but 6iv dittos make it a lot easier.

Yeah see that would help a lot, I have a box full of 3-4 IV dittos and can make it a bit of a dance trying to get the right set bred. Most often by the time I've bred what I want I've decided I don't want that pokemon in my team anymore lol.
I feel your pain! Ev training is what I dread the most.
(Nov 10, 2014, 03:50 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: I feel your pain! Ev training is what I dread the most.

Try training in hoard battles, just have pokerus and some of those bands that increase a certain stat. Its 10x faster once you have everything ready.

Also, I haven't legitimately made any good teams; I've never attempted to get IVs.
It's taken me anywhere from a day to more than a week. It all depends on how prepared you are before you start. Sometimes I have a 0 IV Pokemon breed with a 2 IV Pokemon, and have to work my way up to 6 IV. It can take a long time.