Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY KANGASKHAN BUILD?!
hey guys i am using a mega kangaskhan on my team and i'm getting confused on the moveset so here it is.
all 6 ivs,evs in 252 speed,252 attack,4 defense
sucker punch
power up punch
earthquake
fake out

i was thinking of this movset maybe
sucker punch
power up punch
drain punch
fake out

or maybe
return
earthquake
sucker punch
drain punch

please state your suggestions with the movesets.
Is it Adamant or Jolly? 252/252 is not always optimal, but you can run it with a Jolly nature if you want to outspeed non-maxed speed M-Kangs.

The common moveset is:
Fake Out
Sucker Punch
PowerUp Punch
Return/Double Edge

Howewer, this moveset can change if you have particular requirements:
Do you have at least one pokemon who can manage to kill another M-Kangaskhan? If not, replace PowerUp Punch for Low Kick to deal with opponent's M-Kangs.
Do you have a faster Fake Out user in your team? Then you could replace Fake Out for Protect.
Do you have a support pokemon who can redirect attacks? Then you can run Double-Edge over Return and accept the risk of recoil.

If your team lacks Ground coverage you shouldn't sacrifice a slot on your M-Kang, but find an alternative (such as to add a new pokemon)

Drain Punch is an option if your anwser to the first question is Yes and you are running Double-Edge too.
(Jan 26, 2015, 02:48 AM)GMX Wrote: Is it Adamant or Jolly? 252/252 is not always optimal, but you can run it with a Jolly nature if you want to outspeed non-maxed speed M-Kangs.

The common moveset is:
Fake Out
Sucker Punch
PowerUp Punch
Return/Double Edge

Howewer, this moveset can change if you have particular requirements:
Do you have at least one pokemon who can manage to kill another M-Kangaskhan? If not, replace PowerUp Punch for Low Kick to deal with opponent's M-Kangs.
Do you have a faster Fake Out user in your team? Then you could replace Fake Out for Protect.
Do you have a support pokemon who can redirect attacks? Then you can run Double-Edge over Return and accept the risk of recoil.

If your team lacks Ground coverage you shouldn't sacrifice a slot on your M-Kang, but find an alternative (such as to add a new pokemon)

Drain Punch is an option if your anwser to the first question is Yes and you are running Double-Edge too.
is fake out necessary on kang?i don't have any other fake out user on my team but i was thinking about this.my kangaskhan's a jolly
sucker punch
drain punch
return
power up punch
Fake Out is more than an option using Jolly nature, since you can outspeed Adamant Kang's Fake Out (that is huge), shut down a dangerous threat for 1 turn to setup or attack with your other pokemon and put some pressure on every switch in of your M-Kang.

I don't think running both Drain Punch and PowerUp Punch is a good idea. Just choose one of those two.. Drain Punch is a reliable move that can OHKO many threats but useless when you get burned. PowerUp Punch offers a way to avoid W-o-W spams but you must be wise using it, because you almost give a free turn, but in some situations you can get also free +1 or +2 boosts finishing off low health opponents with this move.
(Jan 26, 2015, 01:59 AM)adolf hipstar Wrote: hey guys i am using a mega kangaskhan on my team and i'm getting confused on the moveset so here it is.
all 6 ivs,evs in 252 speed,252 attack,4 defense
sucker punch
power up punch
earthquake
fake out

i was thinking of this movset maybe
sucker punch
power up punch
drain punch
fake out

or maybe
return
earthquake
sucker punch
drain punch

please state your suggestions with the movesets.

Mine is the same evs and the moves I use is sucker punch power up punch fake out and return but don't know if you'd like that
I personally run an Adamant Khan, but with a Jolly Khan you also outspeed other M-Khans Sucker Punch which could potentially neutralize the opponent's Khan for a turn.
---------------------
“BLEH!” A sophisticated Shuppet.
As stated, no need for power up punch and drain punch. Otherwise, your set is standard.