Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[CONSOLE] Gamecube games
So recently, my friend gave me the greatest gift ever, his GameCube! I have a controller and a memory card, but now all I need are some games. I have a few in mind, but I just wanted to get some other peoples thoughts.

Thanks
Super Smash Bros. Melee of course. It's really iconic and there's still tournaments for it to this very day .

also, when I was a kid I played the heck out of Sonic Adventure Battle 2.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Mar 8, 2015, 08:57 PM)naitre Wrote:
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Resident Evil REmake
  • Super Smash Bros Melee
  • Mario Kart Double Dash
  • Resident Evil 0
  • The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • Metroid Prime

she made this
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
Your friend probably gave you the system because its too expensive to buy for anymore. Boy am I happy I cleaned out my gamestops when I did...my only regret was not picking up a scratched copy of MMX Collection which sells for 50 now and buying multiple copies of Fire Emblem which jumped to an insane 80 dollar price tag.

Here are some of my favorites not listed yet.
-Killer 7
-Batallion Wars
-XIII
-Tales of Symphonia
-Viewtiful Joe 1&2

And those should be reasonably affordable : ]
If you're into Pokemon, XD: Gale of Darkness is amazing. Problem is that it'll take alot of your Memory Card for a save file. I also heard that Colliseum is good, too.
I'm just here.

#RowletBois
Beyond Good & Evil is good also if you haven't played the HD remake yet.
I played this game called Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. It can be played Co-op, and I had so much fun playing this with my friend!

The GameCube is one of the most underrated systems, and it has plenty of quality games available.  It's especially good as a party console if you can get more controllers and players.  My personal GC collection is currently a bit over 160 games.

I'll list a few that haven't been said already, and I'll try to recommend one game per whatever category I come up with.

Fighting  

Soul Calibur II - this one was one of the system defining titles since the GC got the best version

RPG

Skies of Arcadia Legends - one of the greatest RPGs ever made

SRPG

Gladius - a great sleeper hit from Lucas Arts...if you like games like Fire Emblem, don't overlook this one

Sports

Sega Soccer Slam - the GC had some very good Mario themed sports games including Mario Strikers, but Sega's game was better

Star Wars

Rogue Squadron 2 - this is a must play for any Star Wars fan

Bond

Everything or Nothing - best single player Bond game of the generation...if you want multi, go with Agent Under Fire and Nightfire

Platforming

Billy Hatcher - an overlooked attempt by Sega to create a new mascot character

Shoot 'em Up

Ikaruga - considered to be one of the best ever and it's made by Treasure

Run and Gun

Alien Hominid - sorta like Metal Slug except you're an alien fighting off a swarm of FBI agents

Racing

F-Zero GX - another system defining title

Action-Adventure

Star Fox Adventures - another great looking game that obviously wasn't actually a Star Fox game

FPS

Timesplitters Future Perfect - 2 is also a great game, but Future Perfect exceeds it in every way, especially in story

Third Person Shooter

Metal Arms - definitely one of the genre defining games of the generation

Puzzle

Super Monkey Ball/Super Monkey Ball 2 - great Sega platform style puzzlers with great party side games

Horror

Eternal Darkness - another system defining game

Stealth

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes - Metal Gear's equivalent of REmake

Party Fighting Game

Digimon Rumble Arena 2 - one of the pricey GC games unfortunately, but it's a great game if you like Digimon at all...I prefer it to Smash Melee

Third-Person Puzzle-Platformer Action-Adventure (now that's a mouthful)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - one of the games that defined the generation and sold me on the GC in the first place (since it was the version I played)

Oddball

Ribbit King - it's golf with frogs and not much golf
GC has tons of games and a lot of them were already listed above for me.
I would not go as far to say the Gamecube was underrated as much as it was underutilized. The reason for this was because of online play. Games like Halo and Socom were captivating people and Nintendo did not stand a chance... In the end the Gamecube is looked at as the best out of the big 3 because of its superior hardware and robust lineup of games. Look at the majority of games listed here the average price is around 20 dollars for a game.