Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[CONSOLE] Splatoon Global Testfire!
I took part in all 3 sessions of the Splatoon beta, absolutely loved it, if I hadn't pre-ordered it last month, I'd definitely pre-order it now!

Also, I recorded some gameplay if anyone wants to see what it looks like when not in the controlled environment of a Nintendo building!

I missed the first session because it was too early for me, but I did partake in the 2nd and 3rd sessions. I wish they kept the demo live until the games release though, 2 hours was not enough! :P

It's nice to see you know what the objective was in Turf War. I can't believe how much you won by in the second gameplay! The closest match I had was losing by 0.5%
Though I did have a couple of games where I was the only one trying to cover ground, while the rest of my teammates were too busy actively searching out the other team to shoot them

I can't wait to try out the other game modes when the full game is released. Splat zones sounds interesting, because if you gain control of the zone, THAT'S when you can start shooting the other team to stop them taking over.
I'm also curious what the story mode will be like

How did you find the controls? I think the gyro controls work really well, especially when you get used to them, although I did find myself resetting the camera a lot

Also what was your favourite weapon? Everyone thinks the roller is OP, which in turf war it probably is since the objective is to cover the most ground in your colour ink, but I'm torn between that and the Splattershot Jr. I don't like the Charger, mainly because of the range. I think If they made the range longer, it would be more balanced considering you have to actually charge it unlike the other weapons
I don't like the charger either, some people might find it a good weapon, but I tried it during my live stream of the first hour and hated it.

Right now I'm liking the splattershot (I did use the splattershot Jr a lot, but only for the bubble shield xD) and the roller is something that requires a lot of patience with, if you just in with it, most of the time you'll die xD
Yeah, a lot of people rush to roll over someone a quickly as possible, but if you just bide your time, hide in the ink and let the enemy get a bit closer  it's really effective. And if they start shooting you, you run away Kappa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeeWxur4...gN&index=3

Made a playlist, seemed easier, new videos added from last nights testfire.