Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[Closed for Now] "Be kind and respectful to one another" - Giveaway
Closed for now! Temporarily enjoying the BO3 beta :D

naitre made a thread a couple of hours ago addressing an issue I feel we should be more sensitive about. I believe this was emphasized after Justin's stream yesterday.

http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-IMPORTA...itive-Play

Let's be honest. We weren't always good at Pokemon. Even now, we are always still learning, and making mistakes. The same can be said for veteran players. There is always something to improve on. So with that said, people should never be put down because of how they play. Everyone thinks differently in a battle. Maybe they were predicting a switch and it didn't happen. Maybe it was a misclick. There are so many different scenarios. We, the community of Pokemon Forever, are so much more than those who insult others based on their inexperience or battle mentality.

Be happy because something happened, regardless of if the outcome isn't as you expected. You take that experience with you into the next battle, and you do better. This helps a lot more, if the community encourages others after their loss. Be kind and respectful to one another. Remember that we come to the stream to have fun, and more than that, we play Pokemon to have fun!

All I want is for you to visit the thread that naitre made, and understand what is being said. Comment back here, and tell me; Has that changed your perspective on how you interact with other players, or have you always been kind and respectful to others? Have you had any instances where you were ridiculed for your plays? Or even stood up for those being attacked for their decisions?

As a result, I will be giving out all 6 of these Pokemon to everyone who participates!

[Image: 038.png]
Ninetales, Drought
Timid , 5IVs , -Atk , 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd
Hex
Extrasensory
Heat Wave
Hypnosis

[Image: 186.png]
Politoed, Drizzle
Modest, 5IV, -Atk , 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd
Scald
Focus Blast
Encore
Ice Beam

[Image: 212.png]
Scizor, Technician
Adamant, 5IV, -Sp.Atk , 252 HP / 252 Atk
Protect
Bullet Punch
Tailwind
Knock Off

[Image: 474.png]
Porygon-Z, Adaptability
Modest, 5IV, -Atk, 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd
Psyshock
Nasty Plot
Tri Attack
Shadow Ball

[Image: 430.png]
Honchkrow, Moxie
Adamant, 5IV, -Sp.Atk, 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Tailwind
Brave Bird
Sucker Punch
Foul Play

[Image: 428.png]
Loppuny, Limber
Adamant, 6IV, 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Ice Punch
Fake Out
Protect
High Jump Kick

Thank you to everyone who took the time to comment Smile
There are a few reasons I have moved away from the League of Legends community and into the Pokemon community. The people, the friendships, and the respect. When I saw a nationals (or regional, can't recall) with people laughing and high-fiving each-other during that match it made me want to be a part and participate in that. I would say I have always been respectful of others, we all are here for fun and some light hearted competition. The only poor sportsmanship I have experienced is people being salty at rng "Those 7 turns frozen lost me that game" but If I see someone completely nasty with someone I will definitely speak out for the victim, we are a civilized community not COD players and I want to see it stay that way.

(tldr Lets remember we aren't cod players, we are a community of common interest civilized players. Stand up for your community members and remember in the end of the day this is a game.)

(afterthought it is REALLY difficult to drown hate in a twitch chat with positivism but it takes the entire community's voice to do so, the majority (the good) is allot louder if everyone speaks up)
(Aug 16, 2015, 01:14 PM)Kehrenok4u2 Wrote: There are a few reasons I have moved away from the League of Legends community and into the Pokemon community. The people, the friendships, and the respect. When I saw a nationals (or regional, can't recall) with people laughing and high-fiving each-other during that match it made me want to be a part and participate in that. I would say I have always been respectful of others, we all are here for fun and some light hearted competition. The only poor sportsmanship I have experienced is people being salty at rng "Those 7 turns frozen lost me that game" but If I see someone completely nasty with someone I will definitely speak out for the victim, we are a civilized community not COD players and I want to see it stay that way.

(tldr Lets remember we aren't cod players, we are a community of common interest civilized players. Stand up for your community members and remember in the end of the day this is a game.)

(afterthought it is REALLY difficult to drown hate in a twitch chat with positivism but it takes the entire community's voice to do so, the majority (the good) is allot louder if everyone speaks up)

I actually use to be a part of the COD community. It was soooo brutal though. So I came here. It definitely is more light and cheerful. And I couldn't have said it any better; Sure there are going to be negative people in the stream, but we sure as hell can overpower them <3

I believe I have you added so we can trade anytime!!

Super well written, and thanks for sharing + participating!
Thanks
Wow, the things that naitre told us to consider during watching a battle or battling yourself, I've never really thoroughly thought about them. His thread completely changed my Pokemon battling mentality while battling other players. Also thank you VietFlame for writing this thread. To be honest the only reason i clicked on this thread is because I saw the word giveaway on the title which I'm pretty ashamed of. Also, I'm online right now if you wanna do the giveaway now. Thanks.
(Aug 16, 2015, 01:43 PM)Nubnubs12345 Wrote: Wow, the things that naitre told us to consider during watching a battle or battling yourself, I've never really thoroughly thought about them. His thread completely changed my Pokemon battling mentality while battling other players. Also thank you VietFlame for writing this thread. To be honest the only reason i clicked on  this thread is because I saw the word giveaway on the title which I'm pretty ashamed of. Also, I'm online right now if you wanna do the giveaway now. Thanks.

Regardless of if you came for the giveaway or not, I am glad that naitre's writeup was able to change how you see people battle and even how you battle. I am really happy, and this is exactly what I want to see Smile

Adding you and coming on now Smile
I have an interesting point of view. It is MY PERSONAL point of view.

I didn't want to comment on the main thread when it was first posted because I do not battle and wouldn't be my place to comment about the issue. That being said, this is a different approach to the conversation which allows me to say 1 or 2 things.

I am a breeder, and that is all I do all day long every time I open my ds. I have never battled.

From what I have seen and noticed in the Pokemon community from the last 2 months that I've been playing my first Pokemon game, I have noticed that it has lost its very special and unique touch, that would be breeding Pokemon.

Why do I say this? Because most players around the world use Powersaves and/or Genne their Pokemon; In the search for that unique Pokemon with special features and characteristics, people do not breed/hatch/grow/train/evolve their Pokemon anymore. That special connection has been lost and why? Because through cheating, people became extremely competitive and only mindful of personal title acquisition, they only want to win.

If people would breed their own Pokemon, you would see a change of heart in the community. Because it bloody takes time and so much patience, and skill learnt through trial and error. People would develop a different attitude towards the game and Pokemon that cost so much to obtain, and thus, people would understand the hardship that it is.

Am I making sense?

I have nothing against Powersaves/Genned Pokemon, but when people use those fake-Pokemon for Tournaments, then things change; it is cheating according to Pokemon Rules.

Last time I checked, in my book, cheating talks about the morality of an individual. A very bad one.

How can we expect for people to respect each other when they engage in morally wrong acts? Putting this in different words with an example: You can't ask a person to keep a secret, when the entire town knows him/her as the gossiper. Basically, it is ironic.

Until people ponder, meditate about this problem, many other things won't be fixed.

So yeah, morality and stuff. Those are my 2 cents.
(Aug 16, 2015, 03:08 PM)Luisito Wrote: I have an interesting point of view. It is MY PERSONAL point of view.

I am a breeder, and that is all I do all day long every time I open my ds. I have never battled.

From what I have seen and noticed in the Pokemon community from the last 2 months that I've been playing my first Pokemon game, I have noticed that it has lost its very special and unique touch, that would be breeding Pokemon.

If people would breed their own Pokemon, you would see a change of heart in the community. Because it bloody takes time and so much patience, and skill learnt through trial and error. People would develop a different attitude towards the game and Pokemon that cost so much to obtain, and thus, people would understand the hardship that it is.

So yeah, morality and stuff. Those are my 2 cents.

I breed and battle and i can see your point, people have no true investment anymore so they feel they could act however they want.
like nubnubs i was only interested in the giveaway at first, but after reading what naitre had to say i was really surprised to see there was that kind of bullying amongst the pokemon community, after playing WOW, and then LOL its plain that the internet can be filled with harsh voices and opinions, but i like to think of pokemon as more of a friendly place to play with your newest or favourite pokemon test out new strategies and have fun playing an iconic childhood game and i myself will definately be making more of an effort to spread a joyful experience whilst playing pokemon
That thread is so powerful in many ways and ive always believed that battling with people can be competitive and light hearted at the same time. You should never ridicule someone based off the moves they make because no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Ive always played pokemon in that way no matter if i win or lose at the end of the day i always give the other player a gg and learn from their mistakes as well as my own : )