Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Competitive Team Ideas
Okay guys I'my new to the competitive scene and need some help. All I know is id like to run a Politoad. Everything else I'm open to, what's your thoughts and ideas. Towards the end of X&Y I was using a team similar to Ogloza National team. I'm open for anything. If you guys have any off the wall ideas that involve a Politoad let me know.
It seems like you're a little bit confused as to where you stand with the competitive scene at the moment, my best advice for you is to watch a few streams and youtube videos of competitive battles, because you'll need to see what you like. There's no specific way to set up your team, however generally you dont want to go all the same types/all physical attacking, etc, you need a bit of versatility in there, but you definitely need to just browse through this side of the forums and some videos first. We can't really decide a team for you without any ideas coming into it, so have a look at what Pokemon etc you like to use too, and see if you'd like them in your team.
Another suggestion I can make is to download Pokemon Showdown, make a random team on there and battle a few people, you'll then be able to see their teams and what their Pokemon do and can try and create a team similar to theirs if you like it Smile
well if you want ideas for an ORAS team to go with politoad i'd recommend mega swampert for your mega as in the rain he makes every mega including mega salamence cry for their mummy (unless he has like 2 dds up in which case i hope you have some ice type priority on your team). Other than that ludicolo is a good option in the rain and a goodra with either sap sipper to sip up grass moves or hydration to deal with status. Other than this you'll want another pokemon who can set the rain up (maybe rotom wash could do this role alright, i dno just a thought) in order to better cope vs sand or char Y teams who will be swapping the whether away from you. Also ferrothorn might go well since fire's power being weakened by the rain Smile
I think this will help if you're looking for politoed team ideas. http://nuggetbridge.com/tag/politoed/