Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Competitive building help
Ok so this may be a stupid question but everything I've read lacks this piece of info... Perhaps it's obvious and I'm just missing it but when I am training a pokemon for competitive use, what level do I level it up to?
I think lvl 100, I'm not sure.
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
Most formats I've seen plays at lvl 50. Any Pokemons above will downscale to play at that level but retains moves that it learns above lvl 50 if you have any of those. You can also play with those that are underleveled, but not recommended.
(Apr 13, 2016, 08:50 PM)DynastyK Wrote: Most formats I've seen plays at lvl 50. Any Pokemons above will downscale to play at that level but retains moves that it learns above lvl 50 if you have any of those. You can also play with those that are underleveled, but not recommended.
Thank you!
Pokemon under level 50 aren't scaled up. At least put them to 50.
Any competition that Pokemon does will always set higher level Pokemon to 50 unless stated otherwise. That being said, it is always recommended to level up your Pokemon to 80 or 100. That way they get their powerful moves and stats. Its also a good idea to use stat boosting items.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
@pritchman227 just adding on to what he said, make sure you EV train it
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
to summarize: if you can, go to lv100 to get the most out of your Pokemon, since most format will reverse its level to 50 for the battle, but not all do
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
Train your Pokemon to at least level 50, not specifically level 50. Reason being, there are certain moves or evolution stages that can only be accessed at levels higher than 50. Also, a protip, if you plan to play Little Cup (LC), all your Pokemon should be no level higher than 5.

ORAS and XY automatically drop every Pokemon to level 50 unless you use the "No Restrictions" option.
[Insert signature here]