Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] 0kamii's Top 5 Unused Type Combinations!
[Image: 704950_10201609217326475_2067826679_o.jpg]
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and happy Wednesday post, on a Thursday...

Yeah, sorry about that. I had an internet bug Wednesday afternoon and it just came back on a little while ago. I actually used it to try and battle @"Anabel" over on their battle thread, but you can ask them how that went. But anyway, the poll I posted on Monday said that you guys wanted to hear my opinion on what unused type combinations I think would be the coolest, and so I'm here to make with the discussion!

0kamii's Top 5 Ununsed Type Combinations!

5) Fighting Electric

This is a type combo that I can easily see being a boxing kangaroo, with yellow and black volts running down their back. Not only would that be cool looking, but the pokémon with this combo would only have the average number of weaknesses. That's four. Ground, Psychic, Fairy, and Flying. The Flying-Type weakness is already covered thanks to the Electric half of the mon's type, so I think this mon would be awesome on a Singles team. Electric and Fighting both hit a lot of pokémon for super-effective damage. Imagine the carnage were they both on a single, super fast, hard-hitting pokémon!

4) Electric Dark

I was tempted to include a picture of Luxray here, since everyone swore that it was going to be this type. Sadly, three generations later and we still don't have an Electric/Dark-Type waiting in the wings. Yeah, I know that an Electric/Dark-Type has four weaknesses too, being Ground, Bug, Fighting, and Fairy. But we can't simply ignore the marvelous dichotomy that would be the Light and Darkness pokémon. The contrast would be incredible, and I would love to see what the designers could create based around that concept. Maybe a Yin and Yang pokémon anyone?

3) Dark Fairy

All my type combinations seem to be transitioning into each other. I didn't plan on that, but I'll take it! A Dark/Fairy-Type would be weak to Fairy, but that's a small price to pay for what I think could be the coolest familiar pokémon in the game! Is anyone else here a fan of Little Witch Academia, like me? Imagine if you could have this supposed Dark/Fairy-Type as your familiar! Maybe it'd look like Dusty from Gravity Rush 2 ? Some kind of spectral being with stardust thrown in? Oh, the possibilities are endless with contrasting types! Speaking of contrasting types...

2) Fire Grass

I debating putting Fire/Ice-Type in this slot, but a 4x weakness to Rock is no good, period. With this type combination though, the coverage is real, and the weaknesses are balanced like mad! The only real weaknesses I can think of would be Rock, because Grass doesn't resist Rock, and Poison, which isn't very common as an attacking type despite the introduction of Fairy. Design wise, I don't know what would be done for this pokémon, but I get the feeling that the designers would probably draw inspiration from those fire flowers in the Mario series! I just want my Fire/Grass-Type to be good in competitive, is that so much to ask?

1) Normal Ghost

As much as we all want this, it's probably never going to happen, and for one very good reason. A Normal/Ghost-Type is just too strong. With both of these types, its only weakness would be Dark, least as far as I can tell. That puts it in the same category as Spiritomb and Sableye. Having a pokémon with three natural immunities, only one weakness, and two resistances to Bug and Posion...ugh. Everyone would have one on their team, and thusly everyone would have to prepare for it. I'm pretty sure it'd break the metagame, especially if it had a diverse movepool and usable stats. Eh, oh well. That doesn't mean I don't still want one! Maybe just a shapeless form with a sheet over its head? That'd be enough for me.

Well, that's it for my Wednesday post, on a Thursday. I'll be back tomorrow with another post to make up for it, and don't forget to leave a comment in the thread below telling me what unused type combinations you'd love to see! As usual, I'll tag four users, and I can't wait to hear what they think!

Thanks for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Hey, everybody! I'm 0kamii, and for tonight's post I think I'm going to tag users: @"Anabel", @moo311, @TimeTwist, and my Amethyst 0mega colleague @RetroTyphlosion. Your question this time is going to be:

What is your favorite unused Type combination, and how would you use it?

I look forward to all the replies! Thanks again for reading everybody. Have a great one!

- 0kamii

I want a Dark Fairy type that has an ability I dub, "Evilize" it's the same as Pixilate and other similar abilities but turns the normal type moves to Dark. I can see it being an Imp Pokemon that has high Special Attack and Special Defense. Imagine a Hyper Beam that's a Dark Type! :O

Electric Dark: MEGA LUXRAY WHERE YOU AT MY DUDE!?
OU MASTER RACE
[Image: 250px-469Yanmega.png]
Here we have my favorite type combo, Dragon-Bug.
oh wait, he isn't a dragon bug.
OH WAIT, THERE IS NO DRAGON BUG, Bug types are way to underrated in this game, so dragon type, one of the most popular would be perfect!
if only we got Mega Armaldo, or even Yanmega become a dragon type because it's based off the Meganeura, a huge *** dragonfly and it would be perfect for him. But gamefreak made it another bug-flying, how many of those do we have?
@"Anabel"

A Dark-Type equivalent of Pixilate and Normalize? Oooh. I like the sound of that. Dark-Type Tri Attack, anyone? So Anabel, is Dark/Fairy the only unused type you want to see, or is there another I didn't list?

@Reis

You know, I wanted to put a Bug/Dragon-Type on this list so badly, but there's one main reason I couldn't. Bug has three natural weaknesses, being Fire, Flying, and Rock. Dragon also has three natural weaknesses, being Dragon, Ice, and Fairy. Do you know how many of their resistances cancel out? Only Fire. That means a Bug/Dragon-Type would have a whopping 5 weaknesses, in Rock, Ice, Dragon, Flying, and Fairy.

Having 4 weaknesses is bad. But 5...? That's almost unusable. Sorry, Reis. I want a Bug/Dragon-Type too, but it'd be so weak in battle. I'd almost rather not have one at all, just so the Type Combination can stay a legend, where it's actually awesome!

- 0kamii

(Aug 10, 2017, 09:02 AM)0kamii Wrote: @"Anabel"

A Dark-Type equivalent of Pixilate and Normalize? Oooh. I like the sound of that. Dark-Type Tri Attack, anyone? So Anabel, is Dark/Fairy the only unused type you want to see, or is there another I didn't list?

@Reis

You know, I wanted to put a Bug/Dragon-Type on this list so badly, but there's one main reason I couldn't. Bug has three natural weaknesses, being Fire, Flying, and Rock. Dragon also has three natural weaknesses, being Dragon, Ice, and Fairy. Do you know how many of their resistances cancel out? Only Fire. That means a Bug/Dragon-Type would have a whopping 5 weaknesses, in Rock, Ice, Dragon, Flying, and Fairy.

Having 4 weaknesses is bad. But 5...? That's almost unusable. Sorry, Reis. I want a Bug/Dragon-Type too, but it'd be so weak in battle. I'd almost rather not have one at all, just so the Type Combination can stay a legend, where it's actually awesome!

- 0kamii

It can still have legendary like stats, I mean look at tyranitar
Weak to 7 types with a 4x weakness to Fighting
sure It may have 4 resistances and 1 immunity but 7 weaknesses is still a lot compared to 5
@0kamii Currently it's all I can think of, years ago I wanted Fire Electric but then Rotom happened
OU MASTER RACE
I had to really think about this one. I really want to see a poison/psychic pokemon. A really cool design could be a pokemon levitating on a bed of poison with orbs of poison rotating around it.
I have always wanted an ICE/FIRE Type, just because I want to see how crazy it's design would be.  And the same for a FIRE/GRASS. And if you think about it, both Ice and Grass, are things that would easily be consumed by Fire, so that's why I want to see it's design it could be so cool
@Reis

You make a fair point. But Tyranitar is powerful because of other factors. Like the Sand Stream ability, and the subsequent 50% Sp. Def boost it gets as a result. Just on typing alone, a Bug/Dragon has some critical flaws. But maybe it will be like Tyranitar? Maybe its ability and stats will help it negate some of those exploits. Frankly, I was going off Type alone, but I can't deny your logic.

@"Anabel"

Isn't Heat Rotom only one of like three that are actually usable? That's not so bad, right?

@moo311

That is a very cool mental image. I'll tell you what, a Poison/Psychic-Type would be a Fighting-Type's worst nightmare. Resisted and super-effective? I wouldn't be upset to see some of those competitive Fighting-Types decrease in usage with that thing running around.

@AniMangelo

I wanted to put that Type on here, and I agree it'd be one of the craziest designs in Pokémon. I just wish it wasn't 4x weak to Stealth Rocks. That just kills it, literally.  Undecided

- 0kamii