Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] 8 Moves that are surprisingly unused competitively but are REALLY good!
1. Pursuit- Opponets switch out all the time. I usually keep this move handy when facing my friend.
2. Disable-If you survive a powerful move and don't want to face its wrath again, this move is a life saver when the opponet has recover!
3. Mirror move/copycat/mimic: Can help when opponet uses move that hurt them more, such as dragonite using dragon pulse.
4. Blizzzard- This can be a sweeper in you use a PP up on it. A powerful Ice-Type move, one of my favorites.
5. Last Resort- if you use all all your moves (besides this) just 1 time each, you can use this move, the most powerful normal time in the game (last I checked) my stoutland knows it and it rekts! 
6. Mind Reader- This move lets you hit no matter what, even if your opponet is underwater, in the sky, or underground! (Good to counter Dig, Dive, and Fly)
7. Sand Attack- The move Gary spams with his pidgeotto and pidgeot. It lowers accuracy.
8. Double Team- Mother of god this move is annoying
hm. I'd expect most of those moves to be quite popular in comp. Nice post!
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
The reason Double Team isn't used is because Minimize is much better as it adds 2x evasion. Also, Mind Reader would only be useful with inaccurate moves such as Guillotine and Sheer Cold as nobody uses dig, dive, or fly.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
(Jul 22, 2016, 08:28 PM)WeavileLover Wrote: 1. Pursuit- Opponets switch out all the time. I usually keep this move handy when facing my friend.
2. Disable-If you survive a powerful move and don't want to face its wrath again, this move is a life saver when the opponet has recover!
3. Mirror move/copycat/mimic: Can help when opponet uses move that hurt them more, such as dragonite using dragon pulse.
4. Blizzzard- This can be a sweeper in you use a PP up on it. A powerful Ice-Type move, one of my favorites.
5. Last Resort- if you use all all your moves (besides this) just 1 time each, you can use this move, the most powerful normal time in the game (last I checked) my stoutland knows it and it rekts! 
6. Mind Reader- This move lets you hit no matter what, even if your opponet is underwater, in the sky, or underground! (Good to counter Dig, Dive, and Fly)
7. Sand Attack- The move Gary spams with his pidgeotto and pidgeot. It lowers accuracy.
8. Double Team- Mother of god this move is annoying

Pursuit is used a lot in competitive. If you're well versed in the metagame you would know that there is a specific role dedicated to "Pursuit Trappers"

Disable is used rarely, however, it does get played every now and then in VGC and fits on gimmicky singles sets

Mirror Move/Copycat/Mimic rely too heavily on the opponent attacking first which can pretty much give them an opening to beat the Pokemon before it even gets any use from the move. However, Liepard and Riolu have an interesting gimmick with this move where if they're the last Pokemon to use a move (lets say Dark Pulse in this instance), on the next turn, they get priority with Dark Pulse if they use Copycat since they have the Prankster ability and Copycat is a status move

Blizzard has very shaky accuracy and Ice Beam pretty much picks up as much kills. However, Pokemon such as Abomasnow and Aurorus use Blizzard more often than not because their ability "Snow Warning" makes it so that Blizzard cannot miss.

Last Resort is used by Pokemon who get access to Fake Out. Ambipom, Lopunny, Purugly and Persian use the Fake Out + Last Resort combo a lot. The thing with Last Resort is that it forces you to use all your moves before you can use it which is a bit restrictive

"Good to counter Dig, Dive, and Fly" these moves are never and SHOULD NEVER BE USED COMPETITIVELY. Mind Reader, again, takes up an entire turn which leaves you wide open for attacks. Plus any attack you would use after, its better to just use the attack and risk the miss. Mind Reader + Sheer Cold is very good though even though it is banned in Smogon. It isn't on Battle Spot so you can try it with Smeargle or Articuno

Sand Attack isn't good. Accuracy drops can be negated by simply switching out plus one stat drop isn't likely to stop a move from hitting so yeah, another move that makes you open to getting attacked

Double Team is good in its own right but is a scumbag attempt of winning a game. If you can absorb the salt from your opponent and not care then by all means. This move is also banned in Smogon
Dig, dive, and fly are never used anyway. Double team is banned. Pursuit is used, but still a little underused I think.
@Shock Double Team is only banned in Smogon rules. It's still allowed in Battle Spot and friend battles.
If you're going to use double team/minimize, then prepare for d i s c o n n e c t i o n
If your opponent has those moves as well, then you have the option to disconnect or try to out-double team each other and battle for all eternity

Legends say they're still trying to hit each other

In short, those moves are frowned upon in competitive battles.
Still, they're good if you want a bigger chance of winning the "cheap" way.

Well a move's a move... but we can't deny the fact that we all hate that move lol
@Xynic There are many ways to counter it such as moves that make the next attack 100% accurate, moves that don't check accuracy, and even abilities like Unaware. You just have to be prepared for it. Personally, I don't think it's cheap.
@Excalibur0126 True, true you've got a point there. Almost forgot about those sure hits moves and the like