Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Azumaril vs Kingra
My team is currently missing a water/ice/dragon/fairy type(s) I am trying to decide between Azumaril and Kingra. Both are water types. Kingra has a good bulk and can resist a multitude of types. Kingra is also good to be built as a sniper to land as many crits as possible. Azumaril with the ability Huge Power is pretty good as well considering that it will technically have a base attack stat of 100. Its base defense stats are ok, but not the best. It has access to a STAB Play Rough. I'm not sure which pokemon to pick here and I could use some outside advice. If there is a totally different pokemon that may be better in this last slot, go ahead and mention it. Thanks in advanced!
Out of the two I'd say Azumarill. You can make Azumarill very OP if you play it right.

You could run it like:

Azumarill @ Weakness Policy
Ability - Huge Power
EV - 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet (STAB)
- Protect/whatever (I'd run protect to stall for a heal from Latios or Florges, per say.)
- Play Rough (STAB)
- Knock Off (Does a pretty good amount of damage and gets rid of items, so there isnt really a downfall to using it)

It'd be pretty bulky and very powerful. Huge power doubles its attack + then if it gets hit by a super effective move and manages to live it raises even higher. To make up for the lost hp you could easily pair it up with a Latios w/ Heal Pulse or a Florges w/ Wish.

This is assuming you're playing VGC/Doubles though.
Formerly Sir Absol

Genning/Powersave Expert            #SylveonIsOP
Listen to @"Sir Absol" He knows more than me (because hes 15) and that was so confusing Sir Absol i now know its right (thats seriously how i figure out things.... If they are confusing or not!)
Since it's VGC, Azumarill would be a better choice especially if you aren't running rain to support Kingdra.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Atk / 28 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
[Insert signature here]
I'd say that in any format, Azu is the best. you can run it like this:

Azumarill @ Choice Band/Assault Vest
Adamant nature
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Knock Off/ Superpower

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant nature
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
-Waterfall/ Knock Off/ Superpower
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Belly Drum

I guess you could change a move for Protect in doubles (Probably Waterfall in the Belly Drum set), but it's pretty effective in general, not to mention that its shiny is the best and that it's so adorable!