Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Breeding for Shiny Pokemon
Is it possible for you to get a Shiny Pokemon by Soft Resetting with eggs? I mean like, I'll have a a Pokemon with flame body in my party and 5 eggs, I'll hatch those, if one isn't shiny I'll soft reset back to when I had those 5 eggs then hatch them again. Is it possible to get a shiny that way?
As far as I know the Pokemon you will get from the egg is already calculated as soon as you get the egg from the daycare. This means that the IV's and whether your Pokemon will be a shiny or not is decided in that particular moment. You could take an egg from the daycare hatch it and if its not shiny soft reset and take it again tha schould work.
(Aug 25, 2016, 06:15 AM)Manuel6898 Wrote: As far as I know the Pokemon you will get from the egg is already calculated as soon as you get the egg from the daycare. This means that the IV's and whether your Pokemon will be a shiny or not is decided in that particular moment. You could take an egg from the daycare hatch it and if its not shiny soft reset and take it again that schould work.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hence if an egg is a shiny it will always be a shiny, no matter how many times you turn off your ds and hatch it.  :D