Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] C'mon guys, Do Some Work Yourself for Once!!
Honestly had no idea there was people offering to assist in the completion of other living dexes. Heck just to maintain specific orders of mons in high demand is stressful enough. For people who are looking to complete the living dex, strongly recommend looking at Bulbapedia/Serebii for exact Pokemon locations as mentioned above. It takes a ton of time and dedication to get such an service organized and maintain for people here.

I would like to make a suggestion, just tell those who need your help you'll only get a few (one) evolutionary Pokemon that's not found in ORAS at a time. Lets say I ask for a Chimchar/Moferno/Infernape, so just give the person the Chimchar so they can evolve the other mons, and possibly breed it with a ditto. If you feel like stress doing this, inform those that you can't trade when possible. Surely people will understand.
Couldn't agree more @devilmoth! Pokemon X was the first pokemon game I ever completed the national dex and got a living dex on, and it took me FOREVER to do it! It was a really long process, but to be honest I couldn't have done it without help from other people. I used GTS and even WT at times to get the pokemon I needed, but when X&Y were new most people put up the pokemon I needed for legendaries or shinies only on GTS... At one point I needed a spritzee and almost all the GTS requirements were legendaries/mythical pokemon :/

I got all the pokemon I needed down to about 70ish left by going through all my games and transferring, and that's when I resorted to online trading on forums or blogs. I would ask people for only 2-3 pokemon I needed and in return would give them the shinies I had been hoarding when I played on my off time or even other pokemon I had that I knew I could breed and re-level to evolve, and it worked out really well.

Personally I think it's rude when people ask a small group for a HUGE list of pokemon, if you have access to previous games look through them if they're complete to find the pokemon you need, or go from site to site asking people for a few pokemon here and there. But, sometimes it's understandable because not all people have access to previous games, because some are new to pokemon and really want to get into it but don't have the time or money to buy all the games and work their way up from there. Plus, it's always a blessing when people are kind enough to share the extra pokemon they have so others don't have to go through the long hassle of collecting pokemon for the national dex (even if it kind of degrades the whole feeling of knowing you put hard work in to complete the dex). Being kind to those who help you is a true blessing as well, I've gotten multiple shiny legendaries/shinies in general by helping out those who needed their pokedexes completed and taking things a step further by sharing my shinies or even living dex pokemon with others so they could finish theirs.

All in all, don't ask too much of others, because a lot of people want to help MULTIPLE trainers get the feeling of satisfaction of completing the dex, but if you do have a long list always be grateful to those who help. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!