Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Dead threads on the site
(Jun 22, 2016, 03:02 PM)Justin Wrote:
(Jun 22, 2016, 01:40 PM)Dassah Wrote: We need to have threads closed, if they are older especially in certain areas, like giveaways and trades. I also noticed another issue, is that there are a lot of guys that link to Thejustinflynn.tv and they don't work they give me the file not found error.

I don't think anyone should be linking to thejustinflynn.tv anymore. That site hasn't been active in over a year. Must be really old posts.

They were guides from this list http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-TUTORIA...aster-List. Which I know is old, so i'd be nice to either have the links changed or removed. It was frustrating reading a guide that linked to a dead website.
I know this response is late, but thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I went ahead and set up an auto old thread locker for the sections that people tend to bump old threads in a lot. If you're the owner of an auto-locked thread, please PM an online mod, Justin, or myself to unlock it for you.

Part of the problem is just that people don't seem to be informing the staff of when threads need to be closed. I get plenty of messages from diligent users to close their trades, but nothing for other areas. We also aren't getting many, if any, reports of threads getting bumped so if we could get people using the [Image: E5T] button more, that would help us take action since it informs all mods instead of just the one you PM.

Hopefully, the auto-lock script will handle most of the necro-posts though.

Also, we'll go ahead and start doing a double check of all the pinned and officially endorsed guides on the site soon to hopefully clear up the rest of the links from the old site. That's our fault. We didn't really consider that after the name change due to the change of developers and staff going on at the time.

Again, thanks a ton for finally bringing this to our attention~

We're planning on doing a lot of work around here to prepare for the Sun and Moon launch so look forward to that soon!
I'm the lead developer for the site! (Formerly My Cupcake Money)
[ My Stream | My Pokeradar Thing ]
Let me know if anything comes up~
I noticed not only people bumping up clearly dead giveaway threads, but a lot of those same people making trade requests or asking for specific pokemon in the giveaway section. The give away section is for people trying to give away pokemon, not to ask for pokemon unless I misread something?

I don't know, it just really annoys me to see those threads there. The trading/breeding/friend code section is directly above it on the main page, is it really that difficult to pay attention and make threads there instead?