Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Easier way to create teams
Hey guys, I've spent countless hours hatching and breeding pokemon for natures, hidden abilities, egg moves, ivs etc. I'm just wondering if there's an easier way to do this as I don't have time anymore to waste countless hours. I just want to have a team I want and battle.

Any advice, tricks, hax?

Much appreciated.
Natures - Have the Pokemon with the nature you want hold an Everstone. They will pass down the nature to the child 100% of the time. If you don't have the right nature, find someone in the same egg group as the Pokemon you want with the right nature. Ditto works too.

Hidden Abilities - Females have more of a chance to pass down their ability to the child than males. I believe if both the parents are the same species and have the ability you want, the chance is even higher.

Egg Moves - What you can do is search for what Pokemon have the egg move you want and check to see which ones are in the same egg group. Some moves are simple to breed down as they can be learned by leveling up. Others have to be chain bred onto it.

IVs - When breeding, 3 out of 12 IVs will be passed down to the child, and the other 3 will be randomized between 0-32. When using the Destiny Knot, 5 out of 12 IVs will be passed down to the child, and the last one will be randomized between 0-32. It helps to have a 6 IV ditto as you only have to worry about the other parent's IVs. Even if you don't have a 6 IV ditto, you always want to replace the parents when you get a child with better IVs. That way, you can breed to your dream 5 or 6 IV Pokemon.

Shiny Breeding - When breeding for shiny Pokemon, the best way to do this is breeding with two 6 IV parents, both having the nature/ability/egg moves you want. Have one hold the Destiny Knot and the other an Everstone. That way, you'll always get at least 5 IVs in the child no matter what.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
You can just always ask someone with Power Saves or PKHeX to do all the trouble.
Hell, you can even ask me. I can create anything.
I don't actually sleep.

I am just a stray cat.
While hacking is an easy alternative, it can also get you in a lot of trouble when participating in competitions. If you're caught, I believe you'll be banned from future competitions. Plus, it's more fun when you get to create the team yourself through breeding. Hard work pays off.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
(Feb 16, 2016, 03:46 AM)Excalibur0126 Wrote: While hacking is an easy alternative, it can also get you in a lot of trouble when participating in competitions. If you're caught, I believe you'll be banned from all future competitions. Plus, it's more fun when you get to create the team yourself through breeding. Hard work pays off.

That only happens if you create illegal Pokemon (Ex: Garchomp with Dragon Dance).
I haven't been banned, yet. I am honestly not abusing PKHeX (or "PKHaX" to activate illegal mode) to make random illegal mons for no reason.
Plus when I didn't own PKHeX my friend sent me all the Pokemons I needed. Although he didn't get banned and nor did I.

*Edit: I was a breeder back then so it's true, hard work really pays off.
I don't actually sleep.

I am just a stray cat.
Powersave or PKHeX would be the best way to go if you're looking for the quickest and easiest way to create teams. You can create an entire battle ready team if no time at all. I've never used PKHex but I have used Powersave. Powrsave is nice because you can change a Pokémon's nature, IVs, and EVs (although it does only give you a few options when it comes to changing EVs). I only use it when I want to change a nature or mainly IVs with legendaries. Otherwise, I enjoy breeding my own Pokémon.
@"seanyc4", if you really want to get down to breeding only a select amount of Pokemon without having to go chain breeding, ev training, iv breeding, etc why not just test out a team on Pokemon Showdown. If you are new, basically it's a battle simulator which simulates Pokemon battles and has their own laddering tiers based on Smogon-,VGC-, and Nintendo-inspired formats. I'm not saying to replacing your time getting these Pokemon legitimately through battling on showdown, rather this should be used it narrow the search for good laddering teams. Once you have a reasonableness good team then take the time to breed thiose six Pokemon and continue this process.
Thanks for the replys guys, so I googled some of your suggestions. Within 20 minutes I had the pkhex thingy up and running and now have a team of perfect pokemon. Thanks for your help. I used showdown to make sure what moves a pokemon can legally have so hopefully that will stop me making any mistakes that could trigger nintendo getting involed. I dont want to cheat I just like to switch on and play. No time with working a job to breed anymore.

Thanks again guys Smile
(Feb 16, 2016, 11:22 PM)seanyc4 Wrote: Thanks for the replys guys, so I googled some of your suggestions. Within 20 minutes I had the pkhex thingy up and running and now have a team of perfect pokemon. Thanks for your help. I used showdown to make sure what moves a pokemon can legally have so hopefully that will stop me making any mistakes that could trigger nintendo getting involed. I dont want to cheat I just like to switch on and play. No time with working a job to breed anymore.

Thanks again guys Smile

I would just like to say that I was in the same position you were in. Wanting to build a team and just be able to play. But the way pokemon is setup it makes breeding your team extremely time consuming and frustrating when you hatch tens of eggs to not get what you need. I use Powersaves because the $30 I spent on it made the time I saved so worth it. Pokemon has definitely become a lot more enjoyable now that I can test different teams and play online whenever I want. I also do not believe this is cheating whatsoever as you are making pokemon that could legitimately be made, but instead of it taking 5 hours for one pokemon it takes 5 minutes. I really think that Pokemon should look in making breeding a lot easier in their next games.