Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Is Sun & Moon worth it?
Hello, I'm starting a team of Under Used to Rarely used Pokemon and I need to know If switching from OR/AS to Sun and Moon
Here is why I think I should
-Better GTS
I will read off the list of people trading Ampharos, my favorite UU and my favorite in general. Numbers represent level, "-" represents the request
36 - Genesect
65 - Hoopa
30 - Keldeo
30 - Darkrai
40 - Keldeo
35 - Ampharos 1-10
61 - Keldeo
I am certain there used to be more than 7 PEOPLE TRADING AN AMPHAROS FOR IMPOSSIBLE TRADES >.>

-Service
As seen with Black and White, they are bound to lose service with X/Y and OR/AS.

-Story
It's a new region so a new story and not a repeat of a game

Here is what I'm afraid of

-Z moves
I'm a little nervous this will ruin it considering their insane strength (as evidenced by some exceeding power >140)

X & Y repeat
Im also afraid it will repeat X & Y which was there just to say "oh by the way your pokemon can now evolve for 1 round". The whole game just seemed like it was only Just there, unlike games like Platinum, R/S/E, and so on and so forth.

Price
I have $20 which doesn't cut it, or I can stick to OR/AS

New Legendaries
Seeing as X & Y had some Interesting characters I fear that the beasts will exceed the legendaries power and make the legendaries completely not worth playing, like how it could be argued how there was no point in keeping your legendary because mewtwo was OBVIOUSLY the best top kek

I really need opinions because im torn between keeping what I have or using my double-edged luck where it will ruin it for me
@Reis 

Personally, I love Sun and Moon. It's the only game I've actually finished the entire pokedex, the story is great and you get a lot of key items. On the other hand, playing competitive with legendaries on will generally bring the pain of hacked in shiny legendary pokemon or ash greninjas.

And be ready for non-legendary games. Almost everybody seems to use Tapu Koko.

So yeah, I'd go for it. Even just for the malasadas and the storyline.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
@Reis 

I actualy like 1st to 7th, so i can deside if it is better because of better content. Its actualy a bit painfull that now i cant invest time in playing the old ones. I have the Platinum,white, white 2, X, omega ruby and now moon.
It seems for me that gamefreak invested attention for making a more thrilled game experience using Z moves.
(May 30, 2017, 02:44 PM)Sun Juan Wrote: @Reis 

I actualy like 1st to 7th, so i can deside if it is better because of better content. Its actualy a bit painfull that now i cant invest time in playing the old ones. I have the Platinum,white, white 2, X, omega ruby and now moon.
It seems for me that gamefreak invested attention for making a more thrilled game experience using Z moves.

Seeing as though I should get it,
Which one should I get?
It comes down to prefrence but what are some non-legendary exclusive pokemon, assuming there is one
@Reis 

My personal favorites with insane abilties: Ash's Greninja, coro coro cherish ball Tapu Koko.
Both Sun&moon (SUMO) is worth playing, and beside that i actualy was planing on getting the sun version, but actualy got the moon version and i have no regrets now that i got my dex,story finished i wana take on that battle tree. Succes with choosing one and one more thing if it help to get it done quikly just throw a coin choose your side and enjoy
@Reis The only difference in Pokemon is drampa and celestella in moon and turtonator and kartana in sun, maybe some minor ones I'm forgetting and to be honest; and I'll probably get a lot  I of hate for this, but the ultrabeasts are kinda weak aside from celestellas annoying defences, I guess kartana has a high attack stat if it ever manages an attack. The tapu however are a bit of a burden on fun. Tapu bulu is kind of a joke with that x4 poison weakness, Tapu leles ability is bothersome and Koko is fast and hits hard but their both rather frail. Only the water one idk it's name but that one is kinda hard to take down but it's ability is worthless so really it's not that big of a deal. The games themselves are great though, if you've been playing since Gameboy days it's such a trip xD all the character references and such make it a really enriched experience for the long time fan, although the game is short and lacks easter eggs :\ plus idk if anyone's found a truely effective way to use the zmoves yet cause it's so hard to time that Hail Mary attack, the best part about them is how hilarious it is when you use protect on a zmove xD just don't send everything up to SuMo so that you can still play your other games, I always keep a good team and some breedables in the previous gens just incase
@Reis 

I took the liberty of making this:

*A-Vulpix - S
*A-Sandshrew - M
*Passimian - S
*Oranguru - M
*Turtonator - S
*Drampa - M
*Buzzwole - S
*Pheromosa - M
*Kartana - S
*Celesteela - M
*Cranidos - S
*Shieldon - M
*Tirtouga - S
*Archen - M
*Cottonee - S
*Petilil - M
*Rufflet - S
*Vullaby - M

Most of those have evolutions, which are obviously exclusive to that game too. And, of course, Solgaleo and Lunala are version exclusive since they're the legendaries.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3