Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Guys I have a very important question
I'm thinking of breeding a Sniper Beedrill for a specific moveset I have in mind. The thing is, from what I know Sniper Beedrill is only accessible in XYs Friend Safari via lvling random Kakunas and praying one of them has the HA.

What I want to know, however, is if you Dexnav Kakuna in ORAS, does it indicate if a Kakuna has the Hidden Ability or not with the red exclamation mark over the ability section?

If you don't have an upfront answer that's proven, I'm asking kindly if you can take time out to test if it does or doesn't. I'm currently at a point in the story before the Safari Zone so I can't check for myself.

Please guys, I need to know
[Insert signature here]
The DexNav will tell you if a Kakuna has its Hidden Ability or not.
It'd make sense if it told you, but im not 100% positive
Formerly Sir Absol

Genning/Powersave Expert            #SylveonIsOP
I stand corrected. Kakuna doesn't have a Hidden Ability. So using the DexNav to find a Kakuna that will evolve to a Beedrill with Sniper is pointless.
It tells you, but sometimes it's holding an item which blocks the ability. So you just have to catch it and look in your PC/Party to see if it has the right ability. Remember, the more you encounter the Pokemon, the higher chance it has of having its hidden ability.

EDIT: For Kakuna, the only way to tell if it has its hidden ability is to breed/evolve it.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
Yeah the dexNav tells you IV (potential) up to 3 on screen but can have more (caught a 4 IV kecleon) what its first move is or egg move for that matter what level what item if any and what ability HA are highlighted by a red ! However kakuna has no HA. you use it maybe to breed weedle and just hope you get lucky idk.

Every 5th encounter with the dexNav has the chance to produce a Pokemon better than the other this is indicated by a 'level jump' i.e. Normal pkmn are lv5 the 5th encounter is lv10
Guide me waking. Guard me sleeping.
Guide me drifting. Guard me dreaming.

Shadow of #TeamForum