Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Status effects and Captures
Legendary Pokemon are a pain in the *** to capture. I just caught a Suicune. False Swiped to one and paralyzed. Took 34 Ultra Balls, 27 Dive Balls, and a Heal Ball...

When I tried poison, it seemed to come closer to capture, but if I didn't manage to do it in only one or two tries, he would faint, hence going with paralysis. 

So from your experience, which status effects are more effective when trying to capture a powerful pokemon? For me, freezing is excellent. I've never seen a pokemon, legendary or otherwise, escape an Ultra Ball while frozen. But of course, freezing is the hardest status to inflict. So what are your thoughts? Burn? Sleep? maybe something abstract like Curse! Let me know what you think!
Sleep is my favorite status to use.
(Jul 6, 2016, 04:03 PM)Saiman Wrote: Sleep is my favorite status to use.

People have actually figured out how capture rate is calculated. You are both right though, sleep and frozen are the best status effects to inflict to increase capture rate.

Part of the calculations include what status a pokemon is infected with. If the Pokémon is asleep or frozen their capture rate is most greatly increased; if they are paralyzed, poisoned or burned their capture rate is slightly increased; anything else does not effect their capture rate. So cursing a pokemon will not effect their capture rate.

This site goes into much more detail of how capture rate is figured out. http://www.dragonflycave.com/gen6capture.aspx