Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] How to make me cry 101
No, I'm serious.

There's a movie from my childhood I love to this day, Balto II: Wolf Quest. I won't spoil much, go watch it, it's a good movie.

Anyway...

There's a song in there for a character, Aleu, called Taking you Home. Now, I have to give context so you understand what it's about. Balto is a Husky crossbred with a Wolf, and his mate, Jenna, is a purebred Husky. They have a litter of puppies and all of them look like Jenna. All except one. Aleu. She looks like her father, Balto, a wolf. The time comes when the puppies are put up for adoption, and the ones who look like Jenna are all taken. Aleu is left behind all because she looks like a wolf. She finds a home eventually though, so don't worry. Now that is already sad, but when you hear the lyrics, it's sadder.

Lyrics:
​​​​​​"Somebody want's you, somebody needs you
​​​​​​Someone is searching for your heart alone
Someone is dreaming, waiting and watching
Someone is coming to take you home
Time it will fly, like the sun through the sky
And what once was hello, turns to goodbye
    ​ ​
​​​​​​Tomorrow is here now, sings in your ear now
Child of my heart, your life is your own
Never you fear now, your path it is clear now
​​​​​Someone who loves you
​Someone who loves you, is taking you home"
   ​
Why does it make me cry? Well, this song and Aleu are, kinda reflecting my childhood. To spare a huge story, basically I was, "left at the hospital for a while", make of that what you will, but this is, heh, I guess, "My Song".

​​​​​​So what makes you emotional? I can't be the only emotional one haha.
OU MASTER RACE
Gonna tag @Reis and @Mr. Ultracool
And yeah, Senpai @FireTaco
OU MASTER RACE
what makes me emotional is beating a chapter in Lunatic+ fire emblem. just one chapter is enough to make me cry, since it is so unfair ;_;
I think just about everyone gets sad while watching very emotional movies. The ones that tend to make me emotional are those old classics like Titanic or Gone with the Wind, as it's just so heartbreaking to start watching a movie knowing that everyone you'll grow to like is going to die.

I'm back again.
(Nov 18, 2017, 09:04 AM)Mr. Ultracool Wrote: I think just about everyone gets sad while watching very emotional movies. The ones that tend to make me emotional are those old classics like Titanic or Gone with the Wind, as it's just so heartbreaking to start watching a movie knowing that everyone you'll grow to like is going to die.

OH MY GOD the scene with the musicians is so screwed up. I cried so hard watching that the first time when I was younger

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop
Yeah, right? It gets me every time. It's just so sad that they calmly accept their fate and die playing. Sad
I'm back again.

Just going to throw this here. Fantastic soundtrack to an amazing movie. Anyone who's seen it knows how sad the ending is
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
I've cried at 1, maybe 2 things? I can only remember the ending to the game Valiant Hearts. I love the game to bits, but the ending is something sad.

@stephenWITNESS 
Love that film, seen it many times.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3