Poll: Do you think Pokemon Crystal will get a Virtual Console Release?
This poll is closed.
Yes
71.43%
5 71.43%
No
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] I may have cracked the mystery of Pokemon Crystal's Virtual Console absence!
Exclamation 
TeamBikeShorts

[Image: cUIoFF]

So as we know, Pokemon Gold and Silver release on the Nintendo 3DS as Virtual Console titles this month, but not Pokemon Crystal. Many theories floated around about it's mysterious absence for a while, first it was, "Pokemon Crystal is not different enough from Gold and Silver", which is just not true, it's different enough, it has a similar, but still different story revolving around Suicune, Kris Heart is there, the Battle Tower. Then it was the whole Japanese exclusive Mobile connection thing, IDK, it doesn't make sense, anyway a lot of people now think Crystal is not ever going to get a re-release.
Well, guess what? I have a pretty logical explanation as to why it hasn't been announced yet but I still believe it will.
Marketing.
Pokemon RBGY Virtual Console sold 1.5 Million copies worldwide by mid 2016 alone, and Yellow Version was by far the most popular of the Four.
If GAME FREAK release Gold Silver AND Crystal, a similar thing will happen, Pokemon Crystal would outsell the other two as it's clearly the most popular of the Gen 2 games.
Here's my theory.

Pokemon G/S get's released, then in November, a few weeks before US/UM gets released, a *final features* trailer drops showing some of the postgame stuff like, Battle Tree, Kanto postgame [maybe?], and that is when they drop the surprise, Pokemon Crystal is announced for Virtual Console and releases on November 2 2017. Why November 2? Pokemon RBY released on the 3DS as Virtual Console titles on the same date as they were on the GameBoy, Europe's Pokemon Crystal release date is November 2 2001, while it's not the only release date, it's the closest one to Pokemon US/UM's Worldwide release date of November. An extra thing I'd like to add is that Kris could possibly be a Battle Tree trainer. How? Simple. People will already have G/S by this time so they need to have something to hype Crystal up again, and not only that, isn't it weird how Kris and the Battle Tower are unique to Pokemon Crystal? We'll have to wait to wait and see what happens obviously, but I think I'm onto something here. Let me know what you think.

TeamBikeShorts

or maybe I'm just really stupid
OU MASTER RACE
You know I didn't think you had to much going on here until you mentioned that the battle tower originated in Pokemon crystal.... I remember it was this strange mysterious place to my 6 year old self xP I can almost see them wanting to reintroduce Kris considering she never got any real acknowledgment outside of crytstal
Dont know why I never thought to put this here...
All your Hidden Ability needs in one place <3
(Sep 4, 2017, 08:06 AM)wartty Wrote: You know I didn't think you had to much going on here until you mentioned that the battle tower originated in Pokemon crystal.... I remember it was this strange mysterious place to my 6 year old self xP I can almost see them wanting to reintroduce Kris considering she never got any real acknowledgment outside of crytstal

All I remember about the Tower was all the Level 100 Charizards wrecking my Itty bitty Feraligatr :P.
But I think a "Kris as a Battle Legend" tie-in would be really cool.Plus at this point, everyone is EXPECTING Gold
OU MASTER RACE
Really interesting theory! I was fairly disappointed when I saw Crystal left out of the announcement. It would definitely be good for sales if they released it later than Gold + Silver though. On the talk of mobile connection it would be brilliant if they finally released the gs ball event worldwide. It's the perfect chance for them to but this is game freak were talking about lol
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
@stephenWITNESS At the very least I except a Celebi distribution for US/UM
OU MASTER RACE