Dusk
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Let's Talk About Lycanroc
Question 
HI EVERYONE!! I'M NOT DEAD!! YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T MISS ME BUT I'M STILL HERE!!
Lycanroc is one of my favorite Pokémon (which is astonishing, considering my hatred for Rock-types).
I'm not exactly the best at introductions, so... let's just cut to the chase, hm?

All information is taken from the Lycanroc page on Bulbapedia.

Lycanroc, the Wolf Pokémon.
Lycanroc has three forms: Midday, Midnight, and Dusk. Depending on the time of day your Rockruff evolves (as well as its ability in the case of Dusk Lycanroc), its evolution varies. All three forms are pure Rock-types, weigh 25 kilograms on average, have a base Special Attack stat of 55, have a base stat total of 487, and have shiny versions that sport a rather attractive shade of royal blue.

[Image: 250px-745Lycanroc.png]
The average Midday form grows to around 80 centimeters tall. It is best suited as a fast physical attacker because of its high Speed and Attack stats. It is the fastest of the three forms. It evolves from Rockruff at level 25 during the day in Pokémon Sun and Ultra Sun, but it can also be found in all Generation 7 games in Vast Poni Canyon.
It is known to be a very loyal Pokémon if raised well from a young age. The stones protruding from the mane of white fur are incredibly sharp and well equipped for use in battle, and shards from them are considered good luck charms.

Base Stats:

HP: 75
Attack: 115
Defense: 65
Special Attack: 55
Special Defense: 65
Speed: 112

Movepool (Levelup):
Accelerock
Quick Guard
Quick Attack

Tackle
Leer
Sand Attack
Bite

Howl
Rock Throw
Odor Sleuth
Rock Tomb
Roar
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide
Scary Face
Crunch
Rock Climb
Stone Edge

Movepool (TMs):
Roar
Toxic
Bulk Up

Hidden Power
Taunt
Protect
Frustration
Return
Brick Break
Double Team
Rock Tomb
Facade
Rest
Attract
Round
Echoed Voice
Rock Polish
Stone Edge

Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Swagger

Sleep Talk
Substitute
Snarl
Confide

Movepool (Breeding):
Crush Claw
Fire Fang
Sucker Punch
Thrash
Thunder Fang

Movepool (Tutoring):

Covet
Drill Run
Earth Power
Endeavor
Hyper Voice
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Last Resort
Snore
Stealth Rock
Stomping Tantrum
Zen Headbutt

[Image: lycanroc2.png]
Midnight form is much taller on average, growing to over 110 centimeters tall. It has the highest HP, Defense, and Special Defense stats of all three forms, but it is the slowest of the three forms, so it is best suited to be used as a bulkier attacker. It evolves from Rockruff at level 25 during the night in Pokémon Moon and Ultra Moon, but it can also be found in all Generation 7 games in Vast Poni Canyon.
They are generally very reckless and ruthless in battle, lacking any regard for the safety of itself. It often attempts to coax other Pokémon into attacking it, and will then retaliate to their attacks with a bone-shattering headbutt. They will disregard orders from its trainer as it pleases, and generally only listen to trainers who can truly draw out its power.

Base Stats:
HP: 85
Attack: 115
Defense: 75
Special Defense: 75
Speed: 82

Movepool (Levelup):
Counter
Reversal
Taunt
Tackle
Leer
Sand Attack
Bite
Howl
Rock Throw
Odor Sleuth
Rock Tomb
Roar
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide
Scary Face
Crunch
Rock Climb
Stone Edge

Movepool (TMs):
Roar
Toxic
Bulk Up

Hidden Power
Taunt
Protect
Frustration
Return
Brick Break
Double Team
Rock Tomb
Facade
Rest
Attract
Round
Echoed Voice
Rock Polish
Stone Edge

Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Swagger

Sleep Talk
Substitute
Snarl
Confide

Movepool (Breeding):
Crush Claw
Fire Fang
Sucker Punch
Thrash
Thunder Fang

Movepool (Tutoring):

Covet
Dual Chop

Earth Power
Endeavor
Fire Punch

Focus Punch
Foul Play
Hyper Voice

Iron Defense
Iron Head
Iron Tail

You're probably
Not Even
Reading These

Laser Focus
Last Resort
Outrage
Stomping Tantrum
Throat Chop
Thunder Punch

Uproar
Zen Headbutt

[Image: lycanroc-dusk.jpg]
Lycanroc's Dusk form is unique in that it appears to be a combination of the Midnight and Midday forms. It has the highest Attack stat of all three forms, and a Speed stat almost rivaling that of Midday, so it is best suited as a fast physical attacker. It evolves from a Rockruff with the ability Own Tempo (which is event-exclusive, but it can be passed down via breeding) at Level 25 up to almost an hour after 5 p.m..
It is a very rare event when a Rockruff evolves into a Dusk Lycanroc. Its calm demeanor masks a powerful fighting spirit, and, while it attacks, its eyes turn red, resembling that of the Midnight form.

Base Stats:
HP: 75
Attack: 117
Defense: 65
Special Defense: 65
Speed: 110

Movepool (Levelup):
Thrash
Accelerock
Bite
Counter
Leer
Sand Attack
Tackle
Howl
Rock Throw
Odor Sleuth
Rock Tomb
Roar
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide
Scary Face
Crunch
Rock Climb
Stone Edge

Movepool (TMs):
Roar
Toxic
Bulk Up

Hidden Power
Taunt
Protect
Frustration
Return
Brick Break
Double Team
Rock Tomb
Facade
Rest
Attract
Round
Echoed Voice
Rock Polish
Stone Edge

Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Swagger

Sleep Talk
Substitute
Snarl
​​​​​​​Confide

Movepool (Breeding):
Crush Claw
Fire Fang
Sucker Punch
Thrash
Thunder Fang

Movepool (Tutoring):
Covet
Drill Run
Earth Power
Endeavor
Hyper Voice
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Last Resort
Outrage
Snore
Stealth Rock
Stomping Tantrum
Zen Headbutt

What's all the cheer about dusk form anyway? I much prefer midday lycanroc, especially the shade of blue on the shiny. I guess I can see how it being the 'best of both' is appealing but I think it's a bit boring.

Not one of those forms is as beautiful as my Garchomp or my Salazzle
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
(Dec 28, 2017, 03:48 PM)TheAlmightySancho Wrote: What's all the cheer about dusk form anyway? I much prefer midday lycanroc, especially the shade of blue on the shiny. I guess I can see how it being the 'best of both' is appealing but I think it's a bit boring.

Personally, I like it because it has a higher Attack than both Midday and Midnight.
(Dec 28, 2017, 03:48 PM)TheAlmightySancho Wrote: What's all the cheer about dusk form anyway? I much prefer midday lycanroc, especially the shade of blue on the shiny. I guess I can see how it being the 'best of both' is appealing but I think it's a bit boring.

@TheAlmightySancho Swords Dance + Accelerock + Tough Claws makes Dusk Form Lycanroc the superior one of the three IMO. Tough Claws also boosts most of its coverage moves like Thunder Fang, Fire Fang and Crunch. Sand Rush Midday Form is still a free Tailwind boost under Sandstorm so that's still strong, but more niched, and No Guard Midnight Form unavoidable Rock Slide spam is also strong but limited. I personally think Midnight form has the coolest design, the other two just looks like dogs or other canine species.
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
i think midday has the best design but dusk is objectively the best competitively. i dont like midnight it looks too much like verlisify for my taste lol
no one has noticed my little thing yet and for some reason I find this hilarious
also, I'm still borrowing my sibling's 2DS. Its light has been flashing red since before noon. It's past eight now. MY SIBLINGS' 2DS IS IMMORTAL.
Lurantis is better
OU MASTER RACE
@Kris 
But what if we had a dragon-type Lurantis?
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
(Dec 29, 2017, 07:26 AM)TheAlmightySancho Wrote: @Kris 

That sounds awesome.
(Dec 29, 2017, 07:26 AM)TheAlmightySancho Wrote: @Kris 

Absolutely not
OU MASTER RACE