50.00%
2 50.00%
No...
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] My VGC 2018 Inspiration Pokémon!
[Image: 1486357105815.jpg]

Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and I know I said I wouldn't be covering much content pertaining to VGC 2018. Thankfully, things seem to be chaning my mind on that.

Since the announcement that every pokémon would be allowed back into VGC 2018, minus box art legendaries, I've been softly seething. VGC 2015, and basically any format that allowed the likes of Tyranitar, Landorus-T, Rotom-Wash, and Aegislash are highly centralizing and makes for (in my opinion) some very dull seasons. Everyone uses the same 20 - 25 pokémon, and because they all do their job so well, it's hard to branch out and try using different types of counter mons. This often forces you to use the same mons as everyone else, usually just running different sets, in an effort to keep with the so called 'diamond' team of the meta. However, this year's meta is shaping up to be quite different, as observed by the surprising amount of diversity I've seen in Showdown and Battle Spot battles thus far. As such, I've opted to experiement (not commit) with the VGC 2018 format, and this gives me the opportunity to use one of my all time favorite pokémon: Escavalier!

My VGC 2018 Inspiration Pokémon!

[Image: photo.jpg]
Escavalier
@ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp. Def
IVs: 0 Spd

Brave Nature
- Protect
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Let me quantify, this is a starter set for my Escavalier! I know that this is probably the most standard set one can run on an Escavalier, but as I'm not fluent in VGC 2018 quite yet, I'm not entirely sure how this set needs to be adjusted to counter some of the more popular mons. Packing a strong 135 base Attack stat, and 105 in both defenses, Escavalier is strong option for Trick Room that I couldn't be more excited to try. I'm also trying to work out an effective way to put Fell Stinger on this set, as the +3 in Attack stands to put Escavalier in a phenomenal position against opposing Rock, Grass, Ice, Fairy, Dark, Ghost, and Psychic types. With the Tapus still running around, along with the presence of Tyranitar, Aegislash, and Cresselia, Escavalier's contribution to the team's offensive presence could be the thing that pushes my battles over the edge. More testing is due, but if I get a working set, I'll be glad to make an official post

Possible partners would also be anything that negates that x4 Fire weakness, such as Politoed, Thundurus, or Tyranitar, or possibly a support pokémon with Powder, but only time will tell. Also Trick Room partners like Porygon2, Mimikyu, and Stakataka. Really excited to see where this goes, and I'd like to hear from all of you on the subject! What pokémon are YOU going to be trying in this new meta? Let me know in the thread below, and I'll reply to as many as I can. I also just started my BA program, so my posts might be a little more spaced than they have been. I'll keep you all updated on that too!

Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

P.S. I put this in General over Competitive Discussion because I'm not looking for competitive feedback, just making an announcement that happens to pertain to VGC while also trying to start a friendly discussion.
Big Grin
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for my Monday post I think I'd like to tag users: @ToxicTarrn, @"yung lord", @UndeadMarowak, and new user @cheeks_6! Your QOTD is:

What pokémon do you want to try using in VGC 2018, and in what way (offensive, defensive, mixed)?

Looking forward to all the responses, now I'm off to do homework for the first time since last May. Later!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Quilladin will wreck everything
OU MASTER RACE
(Jan 8, 2018, 01:56 PM)0kamii Wrote: Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for my Monday post I think I'd like to tag users: @ToxicTarrn, @"yung lord", @UndeadMarowak, and new user @cheeks_6! Your QOTD is:

What pokémon do you want to try using in VGC 2018, and in what way (offensive, defensive, mixed)?

Looking forward to all the responses, now I'm off to do homework for the first time since last May. Later!

- 0kamii

Right now I’m looking at a combo of Togetic with Follow Me, a Zard X with Belly Drum. Togetic would have Nasty Plot too and Baron Pass to something speedy and SpA strong. Zard was the fastest Belly Drummer I could find, and Togetic with Eviolite had the bulk I wanted

i was also thinking of Clefable with Heal Pulse and Follow Me instead of Togetic
This season I have acctually found a lot of fun using Altaria, most likely going to be making a post on the team I use around her on here this weekend. Smile

[Image: 250px-334Altaria.png]
Mawr
I’m also trying to see if I can make Pikachu with Surrf, Discharge, Fake Out and Quick Attack/Thunder/Protect work in Doubles. 

With Light Ball his SpA is equal to Chandelure almost, except his attack’s hit both opponents. His Speed with Timid out speeds almost anything that doesn’t have a full speed investment. 

Im trying to find a good partner for him with Follow Me, Wide Guard and either Drizzle or Water Absorb/Volt Absorb/Lightning Rod
oh yeah sorry i died for 3 days lol but to answer your question i like weather a lot in general so probably just rain teams in general as i havent played much vgc18 yet!
(Jan 8, 2018, 01:56 PM)0kamii Wrote: Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for my Monday post I think I'd like to tag users: @ToxicTarrn, @"yung lord", @UndeadMarowak, and new user @cheeks_6! Your QOTD is:

- 0kamii

sorry for not responding life happened
I honestly want to try using Dragalge and Tyrantrum.
Dragalge would be a specially defensive 'Mon, and Tyrantrum a physically offensive with a bit of HP/Def bulk.
I love Dragon-types way too much.