Poll: About what should be my next post?
This poll is closed.
Our Most Hilarious Battles!
60.00%
6 60.00%
All Our Favorite Alolan Forms!
40.00%
4 40.00%
Updated Emolga Analysis
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokémon We Just Can't Stand! - with 0kamii
[Image: BoGrZco.png]
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and today I want to create a safe haven for complaining. We all love to do it, so I might as well, right?

Pokémon is a massive franchise, and as much as we'd like to kid ourselves, there's always one or two pokémon that we honestly can't bring outselves to like. Granted, most of the time it boils down to innocent indifference, but every once in a while there's a pokémon that rubs us the wrong way, too much, too often. Today, I thought it'd be cathartic to open up the discussion to the public and see just how blunt people can be about which pokémon they just can't stand. Everyone has at least one, and I'd like to start by sharing a few of my own, just to break the Ice-Type.

Pokémon We Just Can't Stand! - with 0kamii
[Image: liebiskus_18778_w620.jpg]

On the subject of pokémon that I just can't stand, Luvdisc is easily the first one that comes to mind. It's just so...nothing. As a Gen 3 baby, I'll be the first to admit that the Hoenn PokéDex wasn't perfect, but we stil had some really good ones like Metagross, Salamence, Rayquaza, and Manectric. Luvdisc on the other hand? Why is it there? Its movepool is sad, its base stats are laughable, and it's probably the greatest reminder to all that they're lonely. My friend, @LittleFoxS, actually distributed dozens of Luvdisc on Wonder Trade last Valentine's Day, all of which were nicknamed '4ever Alone.' Hilarious as that might be, it's still just such a pointless pokémon that years of indifference has gradually grown into disdain. I don't like Luvdisc, nay...I just can't stand Luvdisc!

This dumb, heart-shaped good-for-nothing isn't the only pokémon of the now 800+ that's left me feeling kind of sour. Below are some other pokémon that I admittedly just can't stand!

[Image: castform.png] [Image: CpbtgUlUEAIO54n.png] [Image: basculin.jpg]

It hurts to put more than one Gen 3 pokémon on this thread, but I have to call it like I see it. Castform is just so bland as a pokémon. It has no competitive use, its ability is gimmicky at best, and its stats render it useless in everything except PU. Even then, usage is VERY limited. Moving onto Mega Slowbro, I just don't like its design. I tried liking it for the longest time, just because I wanted to respect Nintendo's art choice. But no matter how hard I tried, I'd winch every time I saw it, without exception. Eventually I got to the point where I accepted that I just didn't like Mega Slowbro. So while it's good in battle, its design just kills it for me. And lastly, Basculin. There's two reasons I just can't stand Basculin. 1) It's just Unova Dex filler, which is never a good reason to code a pokémon into a game and 2) I found several Shiny Basculin in my X version while Chain Fishing for Dratini and Poliwhirl. That left a sour taste in my mouth forever. I just can't stand Basculin!

Well, I'm sure everyone has that pokémon or two that they honestly don't like. And I'm sure that you've been itching to complain in the thread below. So please, come one and all, tell me what pokémon you just can't stand! As usual, I'll be linking a few of my fellow users in the thread below so we can heard their two cents. Thanks for reading everyone, and I promise I'll have a more positive post on Monday.

Also, be on the lookout for Amethyst 0mega's giveaway this weekend. We're doing BR VGC Dragon-Type Pokémon! See you all there. Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

P.S. I don't hate Cherrim, it's just a good 'nothing' pokémon.

Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Today I'm going to ask my friends @RetroTyphlosion, @LittleFoxS, @Skyla, and new user @Lewisgaming9! Your question today is:

What are some pokémon that you just can't stand, and why?

Thanks for reading again, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

I hate Xerneas, like what were they thinking making a bird that is WORSE than the other??

"We need to make a new pokemon game"
"Let's make the entire point of the game to say Mega Evolution"
"Lets make the Boxart legends a ****ing Reindeer and a Bird!"
"Oh, and we have to give the [ERROR] type to the reindeer!"
"Let's also give the Reindeer probobly the best signiture move if correctly done correctly!" (Simple beam + Geomancy)
"Let's also not make the Reindeer a grass, just to unbalance things!"

Sorry if I offend anyone, the whole premise and balance of generation 6 made me REALLY mad..

I wasnt kidding when I say i refresh every minute
I hate Rotom, it ruins me in battle tree every time. The differences in type confuse me SO MUCH as someone that is just returning to pokemon. It's just one of the most annoying pokemon I've ever faced.
@Reis Xerneas, huh? That's honestly not a mon I thought people would've said. I was under the impression that the Gen 6 mascots were universally loved? Especially after all the exposure they got in VGC. Oh well, to each their own. Yeah, down with the Xreneas...I guess...

@Dimmsdale Yet another mon I wasn't expecting. Thought I can understand why the ones in the Battle Tree would infuriate you so. I was stalked by a Hydreigon myself. Damn thing...

Rotom's not so bad once you use it, though. But anyway, this is a thread for people to vent, so...down with the Rotom-Any Form!

- 0kamii

(Jul 28, 2017, 06:17 PM)0kamii Wrote: Today I'm going to ask my friends @RetroTyphlosion, @LittleFoxS, @Skyla, and new user @Lewisgaming9! Your question today is:

What are some pokémon that you just can't stand, and why?

Thanks for reading again, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Ayy kamii! I absolutely HATE trubbish and garbador. I mean, first of all they are bags of rubbish. And, it seems like when naming Garbador, Game Freak just typed the random letters grbdr, and added some random vowels.

I agree with you about your Luvdisc point, I only catch them for Heart Scales to relearn/delete moves, but outside, they are just pretty ugly... Too girly, Game Freak! I'm a boy...  Tongue

Thanks for letting me have my say!
Lewis  Smile
The pokemon I can't stand are pretty common. They're zubat and tentacool. I always play pokemon games without using repels just in case I encounter a random shiny (which happened twice). Zubat can somewhat redeem itself because of crobat. It's even worse because they have access to the moves constrict, wrap, and mean look.
i really can't stand cleffa tbh. i love clefairy and clefable is my favourite pokémon, because both are cute and competitively useful. but cleffa is useless in little cup and it just looks dumb imo.
@Lewisgaming9 And at last the first person to mention a pokémon I was expecting. Yeah, I will admit that Trubbish and Garbodor aren't the most sightly of pokémon, but they're not as bad as you think. I actually used a Garbodor in my first Black 2 playthrough and she did pretty well for herself. Bleh...what am I saying? This is thread for complaining, not defense! Down with the Garbodor! *I'm so sorry, my lovely* Tongue

@moo311 Ah yes, the unholy trio of encounter fodder. Zubat, Tentacool, and sometimes Geodude. I've come across random Shinies too, but I'm not sure all those darn Tentacool, Zubat, and Geodude are worth...maybe a Shiny Zigzagoon, or a Shiny Wingull. It just doesn't seem like a fair trade-off.

@"écarlate" Cleffa. There's a surprise, I wouldn't have thought that Cleffa would be hated by anyone. Though I can't say all these surprises aren't pleasant. But I agree with you, the design is a bit dorkish.

- 0kamii

(Jul 29, 2017, 09:51 AM)0kamii Wrote: @Lewisgaming9 And at last the first person to mention a pokémon I was expecting. Yeah, I will admit that Trubbish and Garbodor aren't the most sightly of pokémon, but they're not as bad as you think. I actually used a Garbodor in my first Black 2 playthrough and she did pretty well for herself. Bleh...what am I saying? This is thread for complaining, not defense! Down with the Garbodor! *I'm so sorry, my lovely* Tongue

@moo311 Ah yes, the unholy trio of encounter fodder. Zubat, Tentacool, and sometimes Geodude. I've come across random Shinies too, but I'm not sure all those darn Tentacool, Zubat, and Geodude are worth...maybe a Shiny Zigzagoon, or a Shiny Wingull. It just doesn't seem like a fair trade-off.

@"écarlate" Cleffa. There's a surprise, I wouldn't have thought that Cleffa would be hated by anyone. Though I can't say all these surprises aren't pleasant. But I agree with you, the design is a bit dorkish.

- 0kamii

@0kamii Lol, I'll admit, I used Trubbish in Pokemon White... But I still don't really like the sprite.