Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokemon Go?
What are your thought about pokemon go? I think that it's a huge step for pokemon but many have taken it wayyyy too far.
I think that it'd be nearly perfect without the gyms. I guess I like it for collecting mon irl
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
It's a mobile game based on collecting monsters, there's plenty that are based on the same premise but this one has the added mechanics of forcing the player to walk out around their neighborhood and travel to places they might not have before, and it also encourages socializing due to the high density of GO players in the same areas. I have heard that rarer Pokemon spawn in high saturation of players and if this is true then it is further encouragement to socialize in the community. It's expanding the Pokemon brand to a whole demographic that never would have played before and will likely lead to a bigger release of Sun / Moon. It's an incomplete game but trading is on the way, and they may update the battling system to make it more engaging for players. They are also scheduling the release of each generation of mons over time to keep the crowd. Overall it may read as 2 dimensional due to the lack of story or characters, but this is overcome by players implanting themselves into the gyms and subsequently into the periphery of local gamers, such that Gym leaders become rivals, and Gym turnover drives a real life story. I like it. I am still quite the beginner but I think the coolest part about GO is that it brings together all skill levels, age groups, ethnicities, and backgrounds into a single umbrella and society needs more of that right now. 

tl;dr: it's a good game, i like it a lot
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
I think it might lead pokemania 2.0
(Jul 18, 2016, 06:44 PM)Chawizawd Wrote: It's a mobile game based on collecting monsters, there's plenty that are based on the same premise but this one has the added mechanics of forcing the player to walk out around their neighborhood and travel to places they might not have before, and it also encourages socializing due to the high density of GO players in the same areas. I have heard that rarer Pokemon spawn in high saturation of players and if this is true then it is further encouragement to socialize in the community. It's expanding the Pokemon brand to a whole demographic that never would have played before and will likely lead to a bigger release of Sun / Moon. It's an incomplete game but trading is on the way, and they may update the battling system to make it more engaging for players. They are also scheduling the release of each generation of mons over time to keep the crowd. Overall it may read as 2 dimensional due to the lack of story or characters, but this is overcome by players implanting themselves into the gyms and subsequently into the periphery of local gamers, such that Gym leaders become rivals, and Gym turnover drives a real life story. I like it. I am still quite the beginner but I think the coolest part about GO is that it brings together all skill levels, age groups, ethnicities, and backgrounds into a single umbrella and society needs more of that right now. 

tl;dr: it's a good game, i like it a lot
Lol nice view
Eh its pretty good, way too laggy for me though
Idk what to say about Go... it's still not available in our country :c
I was able to play a few minutes before our region's servers were shut
Got my starter (bulbasaur) and a rattata that was nearby
we need a grand theft auto go. XD
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"