Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokemon Nuzlocke Thread
Hey, what's up? Hello? 1738.... HEY ok with the Fetty jokes aside does anyone here get bored playing pokemon in a normal in game fashion? No, well too bad im giving you another option. Nuzlockes are fun, to me they keep me interested in pokemon and lets me stray away from the stress of competitive battling. Now for those who dont know what a Nuzlocke is, ill explain. A couple years ago, on this forbidden website called 4chan, which i shoundnt talk about because its not good or safe for children, a user by the name of Nuzlocke started a thread of stories and comics. From these it took off in popularity and thus, it was eventually made into play style of the game. Now of course with every Nuzlocke come different rules and variants over the years so here are a couple examples that are fun to try. (Stories will come soon eventually)

1. Nuzlocke
- Must catch first encounter on each route (dupes clause is optional)
- If a pokemon faints, it must be boxed or released
- every pokemon must be nicknamed

2. Wedlocke (created by Marriland)
This one is a little complicated so bare with me
- same rules as nuzlocke
- If a pokemon is male it must be paired with a female
- only able to use 1 pair per battle
- if first encounter is same gender as pokemon its being paired with, you can look again

3. Wonderlocke
- First encounter is wonder traded
- if a pokemon faints it cant be revived

4. Shadylocke (Created by Shadypenguinn)
- Same rules as nuzlocke
- game must be randomized
- player starts off with 3 tokens, every gym they beat they earn 1 token
- pokemon centers cost 1 token so PP is very vital

And with that, the nuzlocke thread has been born, soon I will be coming out with stories and such once I learn how to draw. Or ill just create chapters without pictures i dunno they'll be funny tho.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Everyone want to hear the same story how I pro played myself via using Dig with my level 54 (ready to evolve) Pupitar as my opponent uses EQ Dodgy

Haven't been able to work on a Nuzlocke, in fact there's some files that are still in progression. Still Nuzlockes are really fun challenges to do if anyone has time to playthrough them. Definitely my main advice is to always pay attention to what you are doing in the game. Cannot stress this point enough as people seem to forget what they are doing, and what pokemon they are up against. Well look at my example to figure that out.