Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokemon bred with (possibly) hacked parents in official tournaments?
Hey, guys!

So...I've been browsing the net for answers but couldn't really find anything tangible on the matter: 
Is there any statement from TPTB regarding Pokemon (aside from that one youtuber who has an alleged statement from the Pokemon Support Team) that have been bred with hacked parents? The reason I'm asking is, most of the time when you receive a Pokemon via GTS or Wonder Trade, there's no way to tell if it's been generated with PKHex or whatever. Unless it has an otherwise unobtainable HA/movepool/Pokeball/etc, of course.
Anyways, I'm breeding a Rowlet with a Japanese 6IV Ditto (obtained via GTS trade) rn and I have my doubts about whether or not it's been hacked. While I (personally) don't care, is there a way to know whether or not it would pass the electronic hack check for Gen 7 tournaments? Just wondering considering it would be nice to know if all the hours put into breeding that 5-6IV shiny are for naught if I ever wanna compete with it, lol. I have read the VGC rules btw but I still feel like it's kind of a grey area unless there's something I missed?

(PS: I know about the infamous Dream Ball Aegislash but I was specifically wondering about Gen 7 and if there are new hack checks)

I really hope this is the right forum to ask this & please feel free to let me know/redirect me if this has already been discussed before!
Smile 
I don't have an answer for you in regards to the legality of it but that 6iv foreign ditto is guaranteed to be a clone of a hack.
The 6IV Ditto is indeed genned. As far as I know there's absolutely no way to trace the parents of a pokemon and there's no problem using that pokemon competitively.

Someone (who knows what he's doing) can gen a pokemon and you won't be able to tell if it's genned or not, if you get every detail right. Including memories of the pokemon etc.
As a side note, it's impossible to trade pokemon with unobtainable HA/movepool/Pokeball. Everything you get trough trade is legal.
#LillieDefenseSquad
(Dec 3, 2016, 05:42 AM)Bakersfield Wrote: I don't have an answer for you in regards to the legality of it but that 6iv foreign ditto is guaranteed to be a clone of a hack.

6 iv dittos are always going to be hacked. I know if you breed pokemon with your  ditto then hatch it it will be legit. Well, hope this helped Smile
O
(Dec 3, 2016, 05:42 AM)Bakersfield Wrote: I don't have an answer for you in regards to the legality of it but that 6iv foreign ditto is guaranteed to be a clone of a hack.

Yeah, I supposed it was so I wanted to make sure I wasn't breeding like a mad-woman for nothing, haha! Thanks for your response though Smile

(Dec 3, 2016, 06:02 AM)Vinnie Wrote: The 6IV Ditto is indeed genned. As far as I know there's absolutely no way to trace the parents of a pokemon and there's no problem using that pokemon competitively.

Someone (who knows what he's doing) can gen a pokemon and you won't be able to tell if it's genned or not, if you get every detail right. Including memories of the pokemon etc.
As a side note, it's impossible to trade pokemon with unobtainable HA/movepool/Pokeball. Everything you get trough trade is legal.

(Dec 3, 2016, 06:05 AM)Hatonacat Wrote:

6 iv dittos are always going to be hacked. I know if you breed pokemon with your  ditto then hatch it it will be legit. Well, hope this helped Smile

So what I'm gathering from your responses is that considering it passed the GTS I don't have to worry about breeding with my Ditto - thanks a ton, guys, you really helped me! :D
Yep, should be absolutely no problem :D Good luck with breeding!
#LillieDefenseSquad
Thing is just about anyone can say someone using Pkhex or powersave, but chances are likely the 6 IV Ditto was edited since there's no way to RNG abuse legit one. Either way if you are using a 6 IV ditto yourself, it shouldn't be much of an issue as there's no way for GF/TCPi to check without looking at identical PIDs for clones (note: they don't do). Just not we don't blame anyone for using Hacks here since at the end of the day, the Pokemon with perfect Iv stats all across is an expected result to have in comp.

The hack checks are usually only to check for irregularities like 252 evs in all stats, a low level evolution that's not possible, event mons with illegal egg moves, or others stuff. Not so sure if memory exists in this gen like in ORAS, but that's usually one way to determine hacks, though not the best.

If you are going to use Pokemon for VGC events, at least make sure they are 100% sure they aren't blatant hacks as those examples I'd mention.