Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Sableye Moveset?
Hey, so I have been looking for a pokemon to go on my team and I think that Sableye is the one that I want to choose, problem is that I don't know what I want the moveset to be. I have 2 of them on lock but I am having a hard time deciding on the last two. The first two moves are Quash for speed control (most of the time that I would be using it sableye's partner would KO the pokemon that I am using quash on and the fact that I am building my team with trick room means that all my pokemon are slow so it would be a way that I can get surprise KOs) and Magic Coat for the Smergle/Xerneas lead. This takes the place of taunt since I have been running into lots of mental herb Smergals that run taunt as well and sometimes they just might throw down a dark void and I can catch them and pretty much get a free win that way.

Here are the possible choices for the last two slots and why they would be good.

Role Play: I am currently only running Groudon as my weather control and there could be games where a Role Play on him would catch them off guard and steal a win.

Swagger: I am generally not a fan of this but with all things said this gets really annoying really quickly. Swagger can sometimes steal wins when you shouldn't have won them at all. I don't know if you need Thunder Wave to go with this though. Every time that I see swagger I generally see the Thunder Wave to try and do a lock out. So I don't know if this one is as good.

Will-O-Wisp: I thought it would be good to reduce the attack of some pokemon like Kang and Rayquaza ect. The passive damage would also be good and could allow for more "OHKO" from other pokemon.

Gravity: This one would be nice to have since it makes almost everything hit all the time. This is really strong with Groudon's Precipice Blades. I have gotten into many situations where you can just Gravity and Precipice Blades over and over. It is also nice since people have been trying to Skill Swap Levitate onto their Groudons to get rid of that weakness.
Quash, Foul Play, Gravity and Taunt work best, in my opinion. Foul Play allows you to take advantage of the ridiculously high attack stat each legendary has and use it against them which is good for doing decent chip damage, Taunt stops Smeargle, Cresselia, Dialga and Xerneas from setting up and spamming Dark Void, Trick Room and Geomancy respectively
[Insert signature here]
Based on what you and Marcus have said, I would say that you should use Foul Play, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, and Role Play. But that's mostly because I hate that Swagger is spin-to-win. I also never perceived Quash as a great move. You could use Gravity instead of any of the other 4 moves, since it'll be really good for your Groudon, but I think the other 4 moves might help you more. Role Play for what you said, Will-O-Wisp because Prankster W-O-W is kind of Sableye's thing, and part of why it's good, Taunt to stop the sickening amount of Smeargle play, and Foul Play so that Sableye can continually contribute by doing damage when its other options are exhausted.

I have no idea how you are running into a number of Mental Herb and Taunt Smeargles. That has to be terrible luck. Most are using Focus Sash or Choice Scarf, and putting Taunt on a Smeargle seems like a really bad idea to me.
Role Play is good but Will-o-Wisp really only pressures Mega Kang. Other than crippling Kang, it's really not that good this year
[Insert signature here]