Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Empoleon build?
Sorry if this has been discussed before but seeing as Empoleon is one of my favotites I was wondering whats a good build / stratigy using him in singles battles
I've been using Empoleon moreso as a specially defensive wall in another league i'm in and it can be rather underused at best. Water-/Steel-type is honestly one of the best typing in the game as it grants Empoleon many resistances including the infamous Steel/Dragon/Fairy core teams you see more so in competitive play. In singles play, Empoleon is used as a decent stealth rocker with access to defog (assuming you can get one from gen 4), and can is one of the very few Pokemon that can defog opposing hazards + screens while maintain rocks up. If you don't have access to Defog, well Empoleon can run another support move like Roar, Toxic, Icy Wind, or another coverage option. Scald is common as per any bulky Water-type Pokemon to inflict the potential burn status to make Empoleon walling capabilities easier. If a support set isn't your suit, a Petaya Berry Agility set can make use of Empoleon's base 111 special attack an turn it into an offensive sweeper. For coverage moves, Scald, Ice Beam, and Grass Knot/Flash Cannon are useful, though this set suffers from 4 moveslot syndrome as you have to chose whether to hit Fairy-type Pokemon super effectively, or deal with opposing Water-type pokemon easier with Grass Knot.
hmmmm thanks and very well done