Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shiny Hunting!
Star 
Just about to get started with some serious shiny hunting on AS. Figured I'd help get myself pumped up but starting a lovely discussion about, what else--SHINYS! :D

Ladies and Gentlemen!:
- What is your favorite shiny of a Pokemon?
- Who do you bring with you when you shiny hunt?
- What is your favorite shiny hunting method?
- What was your first ever (non-event) shiny?

I'll join in the conversation once/if it gets going a bit  Heart
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
My favourite shiny Pokemon is actually Lucario. I bring different Pokemon on different types of hunts (chain fishing, horde hunting etc...). I like horde hunting best, with chain fishing as a close second. The first shiny that I have caught is a shiny Sandshrew while horde hunting. It's now a level 49 Sandslash that I've named Jasper for the red colour of its quills.
Favorite method for hunting is Mesaad and horde...

favorite tool.... We'll.. Ditto or combee

favorite shiny???   Ummm spirtomb...

first first ever shiny.... Well funny story... I bought. A used emerald game and it had a golden cacnea on it... I didn't know it was shiny so I reset my game T.T
That's a tough question! I like 90% of the shiny forms that exist X3 Pidgeot, Totodile, Ho-oh, Altaria, Salamence, Spiritomb, Swirlix, Tyrunt/ Tyrantrum and Noibat/ Noivern are in the top of my list.

I always brings a False Swiper and a status setter. T-wave or hypnosis for the grass types, Sporew for pretty much everything else. I always check on serebii the movepool of the pokemon I'm facing, just in case it has something to hurn itself with. If it has teleport/ memento, I bring a fast pokemon with taunt

I love dex nav to pieces. I only have to be careful of egg moves like final gambit.

It was either a Spearow or a Wooper in Six Island on FireRed. I got them in about half an hour of each other and don't remember which one was first.
My first non event shiny was a shiny charmander in 43 eggs I thought it was broken so I went to another being riolu that took 734 eggs
My favorite shiny is, by far, a tie between Rapidash, Ninetales, and Noivern.. I really can't choose between the two of them! My shiny hunting team is my trusting Vespiquen (should rename her Shiny Queen, as she's horded me quite a few), my Lileep for fish chaining, and my PPup addicted Charizard for DexNav searches. Out of all the shiny hunting methods, I've been the biggest fan so far of horde hunting, even though the Friend safari is where I caught my first and I was originally obsessed with hunting! :O and my first ever, non-event shiny was a beautiful Ponyta! As soon as I caught it I immediately evolved and trained it up to level 100! I can understand the Pokemon guy in 1st gen who is just so in love with his Rapidash.. because I..AM...TOO!  Heart
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
My favorite shiny Pokemon is Braviary. It's blue, the best shiny color in my opinion, and basically the symbol for America! I bring whatever Pokemon I feel like at the time when shiny hunting. My favorite method is Dexnaving. It's a solid 1/512 chance, 1/201 with shiny charm, for every Dexnav encounter. No chaining required, though I enjoy chaining due to higher chance for IVs and such. My first shiny was Zorua from Route 101 in Alpha Sapphire. This was before I had the shiny charm, so it was a shock I got it after roughly 40 encounters.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
@Excalibur0126 Where did you get those statistics on DexNav hunting? Everywhere I have looked said there was no effect with the shiny charm and the chances of getting a shiny were undetermined O.o
I got them from https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bUk8...0gvBrk/pub. I found it while watching aDrive's Twitch stream by using the command "!odds".
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
I just recently got into shiny hunting/breeding.
Reuniclus. The colour scheme is just, hhh i love the colours. I hope I'll get one someday! 
Munna or Espeon with the ability synchronize. Roselia with sweet scent. And Inkay with suction cups :3
Horde hunting and chain fishing is my favourite so far :3 I'm gonna start with the masuda meathod. 
My fennekin when I started my Y nuzlocke a week ago!