Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shiny Values
So I have a question, I've only recently gotten into the deeper parts of Pokemon gaming. I used to finish the game and then I was done with it. But now I'm breeding my own Pokemon, IV and EV training all while trying to learn how to get into Competitive Pokemon.

Anywho, I recently found out about Shiny Values. And I was wondering if people considered that hacking or not? For me, I could see how some people could say it was, but I say no since your not changing the Pokemon your just looking at the data to find a 4 digit number that when paired up to a matching trainer value number results in a shiny pokemon.

What are your thoughts?
From my understanding people consider it cheating because you are using a 3rd party program to find out the information.
Spreedsheet of Friend safaris Here =)
It's hacking, but it's not cheating unless you change the value.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
idk for sure, but I heard it's more like a glitch. When I watched Wolfe Glick's video. I recently heard about that particular scenario regarding the shiny's values.

tbh, I don't really think it's hacking
Sleep is important, so take a nap -_- (zzzzzzz....)
(Jun 18, 2016, 05:26 PM)Excalibur0126 Wrote: It's hacking, but it's not cheating unless you change the value.

How is it hacking, in your opinion? One thing I've noticed is that different people have different definitions of everything. And that it isn't black and white. I personally don't see it as hacking, but can understand how it is considered cheating, only because you aren't changing anything about the Pokemon.

I'm just trying to understand and guage people's opinions about everything Pokemon, since I'm new.
hacking by defefintion is - use a computer to gain unauthorized access to data in a system.
"they hacked into a bank's computer"
  • gain unauthorized access to (data in a computer).
    "hacking private information from computers"
following that, you have to use a 3rd party program to gain access(change or veiw)  to the shiny value. And since the game doesnt support 3rd party programs, it would be hacking.

as far as cheatings goes. you are using something that the game creaters did not okay being used, so i would call that cheating.

so yes, it is hacking and cheating.

But that being said. as long as you are not effecting other peoples game with these pokemon its not that big of a deal. (kinda like free parking in manopoly, not  legit but if everyone involved is cool with it, go for it)
Spreedsheet of Friend safaris Here =)
@Dassah Basically what Ducky said. Though, as I said, it's not cheating unless you change the value using 3rd party software.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
I see, I was just wondering. I personally don't care what people do with their Pokemon or how they get them. As long as they aren't using moves they aren't supposed to, all I see is a lazy person. I wanted to use Shiny Values to get a few shinies for my team, but I didn't know how well it was looked at by members of the community.

I personally breed and raise my Pokemon, but for the few shinies I like, I know it'd take forever to get the IVs, Nature and one that is Shiny.